New Additions

bluerug

Moved On
Well i added two wonderful fish to my display, i already know i have a huma huma, but i have no idea what the other fish is. I know its a puffer but i dont know what kind, i only paid 39.99 for him. He looks to be somewhat rare as i have never seen this kind before, all help is appreciated. Thank you.

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

Over a foot easy... the thing about puffers is the width matters a lot too, and a 55 is pretty narrow.
I just picked up a baby Mappa puffer today and they get over 2ft, so consider yourself lucky! :)

It is a Reticulated puffer, not a stars and stripes. Won't get as big as the stars and stripes, and it is fairly rare, very few people keep them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10428325#post10428325 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by T-T-Trigger
It is a Reticulated puffer, not a stars and stripes. Won't get as big as the stars and stripes, and it is fairly rare, very few people keep them.

What do i feed it? Just like everything else in the tank or anything special? Thank you.

it will probably eat the same things as your dogface. I would use krill clams and squid, using a vitamin soak. Other foods too, but those would be my staples.

There is no reason why people don't keep them except there aren't that many to keep. They almost always get mis-labled as stars and stripes. Not too sure why more aren't collected, pehaps they are more cryptic than some other puffers.

Awesome, both puffers are fine with the trigger, its the blueface i have to worry about but she has since calmed down a lot.

Back