Chicago Sunburst

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
a7832deaee0d041d427f2f77aee73f59.jpg

Last edited:
My first anemone in about 15 years..
Chicago Sunburst

a7832deaee0d041d427f2f77aee73f59.jpg
Holy Toledo!!! That thing is gorgeous! Let me know if you ever need a tank sitter. I've been wanting one of those for the last decade. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wow! If so, congratulations! What a lucky purchase to already have a second one. I'm very jealous. :)

Wow! If so, congratulations! What a lucky purchase to already have a second one. I'm very jealous. :)

Well I am lucky. Not a purchase, recently being back in the hobby I still have good friends from long ago that help me out.

Well I am lucky. Not a purchase, recently being back in the hobby I still have good friends from long ago that help me out.

That alone is worth another congratulations! Having good friends in a hobby like this is worth more than gold. I've had more than a few times where a good friend is what kept me going when my tank was ready to quit on me. [emoji106]

They look amazing! I love all the extra color they've gotten since the last picture.

Thinking one might split soon. It is getting big.
4a7c7449c82093f6a811650607726389.jpg

You're killing me! Or, more specifically, my jealousy is. :)

I've been wanting one of those for a long time, but so far I haven't even seen one in person, and I am curious: your pictures show different shades of color, from orange to yellow, depending on the picture. So which one (in your opinion) is the most accurate picture when it comes to the color of a Chicago Sunburst?

It really depends in the quality if the water. Better water quality like lower phosphates will bring out more coloring.

This one is huge. Maybe a dedicated harem tank in the future?
e2e76c2ae8acf72ee2297040502fd098.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Gorgeous anemone, and I love the idea of a dedicated tank! I'd make that the centerpiece of my tank for sure.

Sent from my Surface Duo 2 using Tapatalk

That is beautiful. If I understand this correctly, you got that anemone in April, it split and is now this size. You are doing something right, that is for sure.

That is beautiful. If I understand this correctly, you got that anemone in April, it split and is now this size. You are doing something right, that is for sure.

They require minimal care aside from light and maybe some food, maybe not on food. Powerheads can be deadly though

This one is huge. Maybe a dedicated harem tank in the future?
e2e76c2ae8acf72ee2297040502fd098.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about this awesome anemone today and wondered how it was doing. Any updates? Hopefully both splits are doing well, but also curious if the color has changed any more.

I have been so busy with work and thr passing of my father. I do not have any corals in my tank. I either have 4, 5 or 6 of the anemones now. It is hard to tell. But 4 for sure

I have been so busy with work and thr passing of my father. I do not have any corals in my tank. I either have 4, 5 or 6 of the anemones now. It is hard to tell. But 4 for sure

Man... I'm so sorry to hear about your father. :(

Glad to hear your tank is doing well, though. When I lost my grandma in 2020 my tank almost crashed and I'm not sure I would've cared enough to rebuild if it had.

Back