New apex leak detector keeps going off

Jyetman

I installed a new ALD and probe placed behind my acrylic tank where the stand and tank meet above where my scrubber bucket sits. To give the probe more range I folded a paper towel longwise place probe on top. The problem is the paper towel keeps soaking up small moisture spots setting off the alarm. What is going on here there is no wet spots that I can feel on the backside of the tank or stand where are these wet spots coming from? If I remove the paper towel all works fine.

I used moist paper towel under the sensor when I tested them. So, yes a moist towel will trigger them.

There is probably salt in the paper towel. Salt is conductive.

No salt clean paper towel carefully folded and placed in position. When I remove the towel when triggered there is a wet spot at the end. Thought maybe moisture is under the tank and the towel is drawing it out so I moved the towel to a spot above the stand only on the backside of tank still get wet spots. This is very confusing and it triggers for a second or two then becomes open again. I tried programming hysteresis but not sure if i did it correctly can you help me with that?

Add the following line to your alarm outlet: "Defer 003:00 Then ON"
This will require a 3 minutes of the state to be open before the alarm is triggered. Modify it as needed depending on how long you want the outlet state change delayed. The alternate method would be to create a virtual outlet for the leak sensor. That's what I do. I have a virtual outlet for each leak sensor with each virtual outlet having a unique name that corresponds to the sensors location. An example would be: Leak_Shed or Leak_Sump, Leak_Closet, Leak_Pump, Leak_Fuge, Leak_Frag.
In the virtual outlet for Leak_Shed, the program looks like this:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx8_4 CLOSED Then ON
If Swx8_4 OPEN Then OFF
Defer 003:00 Then ON

In my email alarm I have:
If Outlet Leak_Shed = ON Then ON

When I get an email alarm notification, it tells me that outlet Leak_Shed is ON.

The Defer line prevents the alarm or virtual outlet from turning on for 3 minutes so the state has to be ON for 3 minutes before the alarm will trigger or before the virtual outlet will turn ON..

As a test-- move everything away from the scrubber bucket, even if that means the front of the tank. This eliminates that moisture form an open vessel.

Add the following line to your alarm outlet: "Defer 003:00 Then ON"
This will require a 3 minutes of the state to be open before the alarm is triggered. Modify it as needed depending on how long you want the outlet state change delayed. The alternate method would be to create a virtual outlet for the leak sensor. That's what I do. I have a virtual outlet for each leak sensor with each virtual outlet having a unique name that corresponds to the sensors location. An example would be: Leak_Shed or Leak_Sump, Leak_Closet, Leak_Pump, Leak_Fuge, Leak_Frag.
In the virtual outlet for Leak_Shed, the program looks like this:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx8_4 CLOSED Then ON
If Swx8_4 OPEN Then OFF

In my email alarm I have:
If Outlet Leak_Shed = ON Then ON

When I get an email alarm notification, it tells me that outlet Leak_Shed is ON.

The Defer line prevents the alarm or virtual outlet from turning on for 3 minutes so the state has to be ON for 3 minutes before the alarm will trigger or before the virtual outlet will turn ON..

I do have a virtual outlet created but instead of defer statement its a min time. I switched it to the defer statement. Another question when a leak is detected under scrubber bucket I need it to turn off the scrubber pump. With the virtual outlet programmed and placed in the pump outlet it turns the pump off and on within seconds according to the tripped sensor not the virtual outlet wonder why?

Pump Outlet

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Scrub OPEN Then OFF
If ATO-LO CLOSED Then OFF
If outlet ALDr1 = ON Then OFF
Defer 000:08 Then ON
If Power EB8_3 Off 000 Then OFF

Virtual Outlet (ALDr1)
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Scb_L1 CLOSED Then ON

I do have a virtual outlet created but instead of defer statement its a min time. I switched it to the defer statement. Another question when a leak is detected under scrubber bucket I need it to turn off the scrubber pump. With the virtual outlet programmed and placed in the pump outlet it turns the pump off and on within seconds according to the tripped sensor not the virtual outlet wonder why?

Pump Outlet

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Scrub OPEN Then OFF
If ATO-LO CLOSED Then OFF
If outlet ALDr1 = ON Then OFF
Defer 000:08 Then ON
If Power EB8_3 Off 000 Then OFF

Virtual Outlet (ALDr1)
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Scb_L1 CLOSED Then ON

My guess is that the sensor is activating momentarily. If you are looking it Fusion to determine the current state of the leak sensor/virtual outlet, Fusion doesn't update by the second. It refreshes every minute or so. As such, you will not see realtime state changes. The native interface that you access via the IP address of the Apex will display realtime states or near realtime.

My guess is that the sensor is activating momentarily. If you are looking it Fusion to determine the current state of the leak sensor/virtual outlet, Fusion doesn't update by the second. It refreshes every minute or so. As such, you will not see realtime state changes. The native interface that you access via the IP address of the Apex will display realtime states or near realtime.

can i add a defer ststement in the pump outlet to keep pump running a min to help overlook false sensor alarms

Back