new blue throat trigger still hiding

roons

In Memoriam
3rd day now, my new bt trigger is hiding in rocks, to my surprise my powder blue pays him no mind really, its my yellow tang thats really giving him the business, making sure he doesnt come out, the 2 tangs really only fought for 2 days.................any ideas on when hell come out and how long he can go without food? its a male but id guess hes young as he has no blue on throat yet.......

Hi what i would do which works for me is every time the fish which are giving him trouble would be to tell them NO buy useing your finger or put a stick in the water. Fish can live without food for a week in my experience.......

just went thru that with picasso i had for i week just died hope your luck is better figure just odd fish that wont adjust to tank life other triggers i had years back make themselves pretty comfortable after couple days

yeah i read they were hardy, im kinda surprised hes hiding like a foxface or regal angel, or copperband for that matter, i hope he pulls thru, nothing i can see to do really

I had one a while back, before I gave him to a friend with a larger tank. He hid for about 5 days before eating. For the next week he only came out to eat. After that he finally decided to come out and swim with the other fish. They are hardy, but take some time to get acclimated to their new home. Good luck!

i have 1 niger 2 bluethroats and a pink tail.They all hid and didn't eat for days.The fish will eat.They are very shy at first.Believe me they will eat

Same deal here. My bluethroat hid for days, didn't eat. Even the first couple months, he'd only come out to eat, or out when nobody was around. Now? He follows me around like my dog.

well he came out to eat yest, so thats a good sign, hes half the size of my powder blue and almost ate as much as he did.......only ate mysis from what i could see, didnt pay much mind to flake , brine or anything else, and he went for the big ones too

Back