New build

BAGGERZ13

Hey everyone just wantes to say hello here from Maryland. Also my girlfriend and I wanted to start a project together and we thought a saltwatrr aquarium would be perfect for both of us to do. Im not completely new to this. I used to have the red sea max 130d AIO tank but now im looking for something that I could build and take my time with before we start any cycling. Im trying to find the right tank for us. I want to do at least a 20 gallon but I dont know how big I want. I want to keep the cost of some of the equiptment down and I would like to stay away from a sump if possible just because I dont have any local reefers to give me a hand with stuff and designing everything. If you all need more info just let me know this is all I thought of off the top of my head. I know I want to do most softies/LPS corals with a pair of clown fish.

There's plenty of great tanks out there with hang on back equipment and no sump. Maybe do a HOB refugium and HOB skimmer and that would be your filtration. Add a little pump for some circulation and boom!

Yeah I was looking into the Innovative nuvo 24 but im not too sure how I feel about that tank and juat one MP10 to start. Ive just been trying to do some research to see what is out there.

I'm in a similar spot. however, i found a 29 acrylic on CL for $80 in pretty good shape. i am planning on a 10 or 20 gal sump, and chose acrylic for the easy ability to drill through it as apposed to glass for the overflow and return. Might be an option for you.

AIO might be a good route. I have the nu I 16 and I gitta say I'm a fan

Yeah I am leaning more to the AIO tank just because it is easier to get it set up and running since im more or less all by myself in this hobby. Im not to sound on all the possible new lighting options thats out there these days. I definitely want LED for sure. I dont mind spending the money on a aqua controller and everything else to keep my tank in good health. Once I buy a house im going to do a massive cube so it all can still be used down the road. But for now this is kinda my option because I want to keep maintenance costs somewhat low as far as mixing saltwater and nutrients a d such.

Back