New bulbs...everything is splitting

Jeff

Premium Member
I was thinking a few days ago that I should sell my rbta because it was getting too large for the tank after 3 years (8"). Yesterday I replaced my metal halide bulbs with new ones and went with 250 watt XM 15K's replacing my 10K and 15K' XM's.

Today I noticed that my RBTA and also my prized orange ricordia with purple rim both split. The bulbs are the only change made lately.

Now we will see which anemone the copper band maroon clown goes to. So far both...

IMG_7645.jpg

IMG_7641.jpg

The bottom picture was taken right as the split was final.
I will be selling one of the anemones as soon as they heal and I can split the rock.

Jeff

Only about 8 watts per gallon now. I should get new PC bulbs and add the extra 192 watts... Right now i have the PC's off.

Jeff

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9304582#post9304582 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Engine 7
Only about 8 watts per gallon now. I should get new PC bulbs and add the extra 192 watts... Right now i have the PC's off.

Jeff

Whoa!!! thats a lot of juice. Are your PC bulbs straight pin? If they are where can I find some? I can only find square pin 96w bulbs.

Just about every site had them for about $25-30. I personally would go with marinedepot since I found both the 420nm and 460nm. It all depends if you like the purple or blue look? Do you know if I can buy somekind of converter from square pin to straight pin?

Back