New female (Odontodactylus scyllarus)

MantisO_o

Mantis Shrimp Addict
I dearly miss my O. japonicus and the nearest thing to one to my opinion is an O. scyllarus...from getting back to the Stomatopod Care. I have missed the interactive of the larger Mantises. This would be literally my 20th+ Peacock but from the looks of her...she kinda reminds me of Alice, like her demeanor. Very curious but kinda bashful.

I randomly came across of her on the Diver's Den...was really not planning on getting her but i'm glad i did. Anyways a picture...

female.jpg

No name for her yet.

i've always been a tad hesitant towards online stores such as Live Aquaria, but wow thats a nice looking mantis. How long of a trip was it for her?

Since i decided not to get the Cherry Head Red Footed Tortoise. I took the chance in getting this Peacock and i ended up naming her Ny'ssa. I might get a few more Mantises but not sure yet. The Cherry Head is still very tempting...lol

There are a few Online stores i trust and don't get much issues with. With Live Aquaria its mostly issues with FedEx...they like to tease if not kill many of the rare Mantises i tend to obtain now and then, FedEx that is. *Glares at them*

Ny'ssa was kinda short trip from Wisconsin May 2, 3:06 PM to Virginia May 3 Overnight 10:30am, which FedEx ended up shipping her by 3:00pm instead *glares at FedEx Driver*. On Live Aquaria's part they package her really well. Even if FedEx did their typical whammy on me and delayed her for a second day. Likely the contents would be still alive provided if the weather isn't on the extreme temperatures.

Gl man, beautiful specimen. I too have had nothing but bad luck with fedex, it almost makes me wish they wouldn't put "live fish" on the side of the box

Gl man, beautiful specimen. I too have had nothing but bad luck with fedex, it almost makes me wish they wouldn't put "live fish" on the side of the box

The fedex people must have been those kids who would shake the goldfish bags when they got them at the fairground.

Dang!!! I'm on all the email alert lists and have been looking for a scyllarus forever...and you get your 20th!?!?!? lol I never even got the email! ;(

She's a pretty one! Enjoy!

I've had numerous issues with FedEx as well. Last year they delivered an order from Live Aquaria to a local hospital by mistake and they weren't at all thrilled when I demanded they go and fetch it at 7:30PM. The fish finally made it to me around 9:30PM and were delivered by some guy in a pickup :/

Fortunately that's only time they've delivered an order to the wrong address. I can't tell you how many times they've been too lazy to walk up six steps and instead tossed the box onto the front porch though (I have a camera watching the front door).

Ny'ssa is really sweet...she not that all aggressive, which, opens a chance for me to do a few tricks that would likely be too crazy for some. Thanks, 'Jacwil' and when i do see these Mantis Shrimps on the Diver's Den and see them bought. I nearly never see them noted here...maybe once or twice. Other then that there are more Peacocks appearing on Diver's Den...then posts about them being bought from Live Aquaria here and i kinda find that strange...lol

So yes i'm not the only one that *glares* :blown: at FedEx! I made a complaint over this and directed my anger towards the driver for my area. Likely i will never hear back from them but i have many times ranted at Live Aquaria. and each and every bloody time i request for them to have a second shipper option. So fellow Stomatopoders and you order again from Live Aquaria and have another issue with FedEx please PLEASE! email them and also request another shipper option. I suggested UPS. I like UPS more then FedEx...i heard FedEx was better then UPS but i guess i don't see all that hype. :uzi: *Glares at FedEx* and to be honest. I haven't had an issue with UPS as far.

I've asked Live Aquaria to offer UPS shipping several times over the last year as well. I think they must have some kind of deal with FedEx.

For us Canadians....UPS charges outrageous brokerage fees....they're not liked up here at all.

USPS is our best bet for dry goods....unfortunately for live, no real option. :(

Back