New Frogspawn question

DLANDINO

D.L. Heritage Rings
Hi, I have gotten two small frog spawn heads attached to the same piece of LR which, when in the LFS were fully opened at the time of purchase. After getting these guys home and acclimating them they have only since seen them open about 1/2 way. Is this normal for them as they get used to their new environment. I have them about 10 inches from Metal halides running 7 hrs per day and in the line of what I would say is moderate water flow. Also all of my levels are perfect. Thanks.

Dave

I wouldnt be worried just yet but you may want to move them down a little. Where they under mh's at your lfs? If not, you should probably move them down in the tank and let them get adjusted to your stronger lights.

Thew were under halides but these particular guys were on the bottom of the display tank and kinda under an overhang. I will try to move them down a bit further. Any harm in laying them on the sand bed but elevated from the actual sand?

my forgspawn is stuck in the sand on the bottom of the tank under 250w mh. took about 2 days to open up all the way when i got it

Picture004-7.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12872074#post12872074 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DLANDINO
Thew were under halides but these particular guys were on the bottom of the display tank and kinda under an overhang. I will try to move them down a bit further. Any harm in laying them on the sand bed but elevated from the actual sand?

As long as sand isn't getting into the heads, you shouldn't have any problems at all putting it in the sand.

But, if it was already under Halides, that may not be the problem. It may still just be getting adjusted and moving it will just prolong that adjustment period. Iwould probably just let it be for another day or so and see what happens before moving it.

Will do and thanks again! I was going to wait it out at least until tomorrow and then, like you said, try lower down the tank. Happy 4th to everyone!

Dave

Back