Its a good size
Stingers are out
Will it grow back or grow over
Or will it get worse?
Ill look closer next time
Thx

HammerReccession001.jpg

HammerReccession003.jpg

I think its just a dead head is all. Will not grow back over that dead head. It may continue to grow and have a healthie life though. Nothing to worry about at this point imo.

Now if you notice it showing more dead heads then it has now, then you may panic.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14828725#post14828725 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Captinshinyside
I think its just a dead head is all. Will not grow back over that dead head. It may continue to grow and have a healthie life though. Nothing to worry about at this point imo.

Now if you notice it showing more dead heads then it has now, then you may panic.

single head
not a branching hammer
i have a branching hammer too

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14828725#post14828725 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Captinshinyside

Thanx Captinshinyside, only one out of 95
I must be blacklisted

As long as your water parameters are good and stable, I think it will grow back just fine. Good luck!
tom

yeah, give it a little time and keep track of it. If it doesnt receed frhter, than you dont really need to worry. Im always amazed at what some corals can come back from.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14828875#post14828875 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by StarGazer_1
Thanx Captinshinyside, only one out of 95
I must be blacklisted
People will read, but they may not know the answer so they move on.

Did you give the coral a prophylactic dip before putting in your tank? It's always a good idea to dip it in some Lugol's or Coral Disinfectant before placing it in the DT to remove any bacteria and pathogens that may be on the coral. It's also wise to inspect it closely before placing in the DT for any unwanted hitch hikers like flatworms.

BTW, nice looking angel. ;)

Is it a wall hammer or a branching hammer with one head? If it is a wall hammer then you may be in trouble as it is somewhat likely that it will get an infection and continue to receed. You may want to post in the LPS forum and get their advice on treatment protocols.

Back