New hobbyist/tank

welcome carpio1991. One way you can do some aquascaping is with some acrylic dowels/rods. You drill an appropriate sized hole with a long masonry bit and pin the two pieces together. The advantage is you could get them apart if you had to. Some people also use some plastic zip ties. If you use zip ties, once you get some coral and stuff growing, you'd never see them. Again, if you absolutely had to, you could probably take it down, which you can't do with glue.

Here's my emerald crab hitch hiker. Some say keep him because all they do is hide and stay small but others say toss him because he's not reef friendly and will chomp a few sleepin fish :s so tempted to take him back to the store.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
Anemones need strong lights, correct flow and placement. They need a well established tank, six months to a year. Also they will move at will and sting corals and can get sucked into pumps. Research the pros and cons of them before you make the decision to own one.

And for what it's worth the only thing my emerald crab did was eat six hermits in a period of 10 hours and then live in my sump. If you have a sump you can put him in there.

Back