New Light - Hamilton Cebu Sun

Tweaked

FUP&A Member
After much debate, and contemplating, I finally pulled the trigger on a new light. I was going to go LED's but after running them on wife's frag tank, I am sticking with Halides for my main lighting, and supplement with a 48" TrueLumen Pro Actinic Strip I already have for the color pop in the evenings when most of us view our tanks. This light doesn't have much review, but the company does, and seems ok, especially the "assembled in the USA" part. I will use this tread as a start to my review to help others in deciding.

I went with a 48" dual 250w 20K Hamilton Bulb fixture.

CebuSun1_zps588dacbe.jpg

Details:

Maximum reflectivity - Multi faceted mirror finish parabolic reflector increases light intensity and light output leading to higher PAR value

Maximum cooling - dual ball bearing fan design keeps air circulating around lamps providing proper maximum ventilation and increasing bulb life

High Performance Ballasts - Individual, remote detachable Hamilton MH magnetic ballasts with an option for Electronic MH ballasts

Energy Efficient T5 HO Ballasts - Electronic T5 Ballasts

Nocturnal viewing - 6 Blue LED lights per each MH bulb

Hamilton Tech Metal Halide bulbs included - 10K, 14k or 20k

Hamilton Tech T5 High Output bulbs included - Four Super Actinic Blue 420 nm

Eye hooks for suspension can be installed upon request at no charge

I dig it! we'll have the same type of lighting. only you'll grow sps twice as fast in your place. you won't be disappointed

I dig it! we'll have the same type of lighting. only you'll grow sps twice as fast in your place. you won't be disappointed

I already run 4 ATI t5's, 2 250w MH's (double ended Phoenix 14k), and a ton of LED's. These are just single ended bulbs with balasts good enough to run Radiums if I please. :fun4:

Light has been up a few weeks and I love this light. Sps is showing great coloring, and the whole tank is super happy. The light weighs about 40lbs, so I had to reinforce my rigging, but its up and looks great with the rimless tank. Very well made aluminum housing, full length reflector and the glass uv sheild is 1/4" thick! Super large fans on each side are amazingly quiet, and keep the unit cool. All bulbs are individually controlled via Apex, and aids in the sunrise/sunset effect. Highly recommended for the all in one lovers. :thumbsup:

FA3983EC-1AD4-4A1E-A5DF-F4EDA119A8FE-645-00000094D0D20E93_zps2624b603.jpg

67A07BA0-9C3C-4B9E-B8BC-4D1046CED646-645-00000094E03B3841_zpse6320442.jpg

EC199C6D-2733-4805-B566-268A61739BDD-128-000000097901A4A4_zpsaa247c20.jpg

Awesome fixture. I did however change out he m58's to Hamilton m80's so I could run radiums. I believe you can purchase direct from Hamilton in this configuration right up front.

What did you use to hang this light? My light will be here this week and I'm trying to find mounts for it.

Look up
Current USA Orbit, Nova Extreme Pro & SunPod Hanging Kit
I then cut off the bottom screw in nuts and bought wire crimps from hardware store to attach to the stock mounts on the fixture.

This is the same light I have been trying to sell for a month!!

Tell me about it, I had the wife convinced we should buy it as a back up or another build down the road like an 8ft tank lol. A monster when it comes to growth and color.

I'm thinking of getting one myself ... are there 2 T5s on each side of the halides? And are all 4 t5s on one power cord or 2? I assume its 2 and 2 ...

Is it 2 T5s on one side for one power cord or one from each side for one power cord ... thanks!

Back