New LR... no creatures coming out :(

buzjerry

In Memoriam
So the LR has been in the tank for about a week....

Normally in the past i would see stuff moving or crawling around. This LR has nothing moving on it.

Maybe the LFS cured it so well that nothing is on it anymore (I'm talking more about creatures not on the outside)

What do you think?

Don't give up just yet. I just found a Mantis Shrimp and 2 brittle stars within the past week.....and its been in there for a Month...it was purchased pre cured...

dont give up, people still find suprises..maybe you could change the rock position if you want to find life...let it sit for a few days and see what emerges

Wait until about an hour after your lights are out and get a flashlight (a red lense is best) and take a look around. If there is life you'll see it at night.

the first thing normally seen is copepods. they are tiny little bugs that can often be seen on the glass. but give it time. i am still finding things after almost 2 years. LOL

I just found baby britlestars on a piece of LR almost a month latter. LFS said LR is like a box 'a chocolates, never know watcha gonna get till you shine a light on it ( ok maybe they didn't but you get the idea..)

I'm still searching... I haven't seen one thing move anywhere.
I still need to buy 20 lbs of LR so I'm just wondering if I should go back to the same place.

Trust me I stare at it every night in the dark...nada... :(
Maybe I'll get a surprise soon.

u will see when u don't look......some ancient proverb, watch,

go ahead and get some more live rock if u really want to, it won't hurt anything, trust us, its there, try a different location and look for select pieces, with coraline, algae growth etc...

wow.. maybe posting here has some magical powers...
I can see the copepods on the glass starting today

Also got some really small pen tip white star shaped things seeding on the glass. don't know what they are?????

do they look like this? if so it's some kind of harmless hydroid or something, can't remember the exact name though.
Picture437.jpg

I found a gorrila crab in my rock after 8 months didnt know he was there untill I mysteriously started loosing fish:(

That's a good sign. I woke up one morning to find thousands of copepods on my glass as well as those little hydroid jellyfish. Just keep looking, You'll find stuff. I found a bristleworm and a brittle star under one of my pieces of base rock (I guess it's considered live now :D) the other day when I was doing some aquascaping. I also found out one night that I have at least 4 stomatella snails in my tank. Just give it some time.

I never see the bristle worms but they are in my filter every time I change the pads, tiny ones, they must breed in there.

Back