new nano cube 28

nanobrandon

what do you guys think of my 2 month old nano? got a pygmy angel, black saddle clown, and neon dotty.

what should i add?

what do you think of my tank thus far?

Attachments

• IMG_7524.jpg
    IMG_7524.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 0
It looks great if you really want another fish get a pearly jawfish. I just got one for my biocube and I love it. They are so cool to watch and if you really want to spend money blue dot jawfish are really pretty.

The tank looks beautiful! How is the Angel doing with your corals, they frequently pick at them? Also, the Angel is going to get very aggressive in a small tank like yours. It may be okay for a year or so or maybe not), but sooner or later it is going to start killing its tankmates. Minimum size for a dwarf angel is 70 gallons.

You should be fine as your angel won't get too much bigger I have a 29 gallon cube with a flame who doesn't nip at any coral or polyps etc. Keep him fed and happy with much more live rock goof aquascaping for him to swim in n out of and he'll be happy. But it is hit or miss, I've heard other nightmare stories of angels as well obv

With smaller tanks like ours It's not uncommon to go closer to 1.5-2 lbs of live rock per gallon I'm at about 32-35 I'm thinking Lost track I didn't add all at once, I kept grabbing nice pieces as I went along
ba8ypu4y.jpg
uzumumam.jpg

You should be fine as your angel won't get too much bigger I have a 29 gallon cube with a flame who doesn't nip at any coral or polyps etc. Keep him fed and happy with much more live rock goof aquascaping for him to swim in n out of and he'll be happy. But it is hit or miss, I've heard other nightmare stories of angels as well obv

The size of the angel does not matter, the fact is that it will demand several square feet of territory to be its own and will not suffer other fish to live in its territory. I kept a Flame Angel in a 50 for a couple of years, but when it finally had enough, it killed nearly every other fish in the tank before I could catch it. In a 28 gallon tank it is not going to wait a few years to get aggressive.

Back