New ORA Valida tricolor frag--looks OK?

ORA Marshall Island Blue Bottle Brush is my guess. Picked up a frag of that this weekend myself. For some reason or another not many people seem to order it. Its one of the nicer ORA around.

As far as polyp extension... its not a sign of health. Growth and color are much more important.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13715785#post13715785 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Abominable Reef
"Well sorry about selling you a coral that wasn't what I said it was. I guess I just bought it from Waves and took his word on what it was. I hope you dont feel like I ripped you off because it isn't what I said."

LOL, you're a funny guy. By all means, please do rip me off like this in the future. Who cares what they're called if they look as good as this. :lmao:

I'll keep the "rip-off" corals coming, and you do the same. Let me know how the SPS you have fare, and I will hook you up with some more sweet frags.

PS: The zoanthids look horrible!?! Not really. The mohawks looks great. My PPE is doing some weird stuff though. It is adding tentacles on top of the old disk. Looks like stacked up zoas. I think it is mutating.

poolkeeper1, actually i didn't get it from ORA. got it from waves in portland, oregon.

i actually cant frag this one right now. i probably wont be for quite some time. i think it is about as slow as oregon tort, when it comes to growth. so that said...what would you say a frag of this is worth? like the one i sold to the OP.

2 month update:

Here's the original pic:
66420valida1-med.jpg

And here it is at 2 months from when I got it:

66420valida_at_2_months-med.jpg

Seems like pretty good growth, no?

Well i would say about 35.00 for a 1in frag plus shipping, when u have a frag to sell pm me. If that price is unfair to you we can work something out OK, Growth looks good to me also! Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks Bill

here's mine right after i got it and just recently.
lately its lightened up and the green inner coralite wall/polyp isnt vivid
i think it does a little better with more poop in the water
ORABlueMarshallBottle10-15-.jpg

ORAMarshallBottle12-30-08.jpg

That is definitely the blue bottle. I just got one about two weeks ago. It is a sweet piece! I am going to get some updated shots of my tanks tomorrow. I will post this one when I do.

hey, that frag i gave you is growing like mad. i dont know what you are doing that i am not, but that coral is probably bigger than my piece is, i just don't know what i am doing wrong, i will call you and we can brainstorm.

Abominable Reef,

I bought an ORA blue bottlebrush a month or so ago - and while the growth formation looks very similar to your, my color is much more faded similar to what Kips looks like...

Where are you keeping it in your tank? High flow, intense light? please advise...

Back