New PE's?

caddisfly

In Memoriam
I bought this colony at my LFS the other day. They definitely have a neon green mouth, but it was hard to capture them with the camera. Has anyone seen these yet?

141115IMG_3273-med.JPG

Had those a few months ago, very tricky to keep the color up. PM me for a pic of what they look like now. I've had some success getting the color back, but I'm afariad they'll never be the same again. But then, what zos stay like in the wild?

Im not too sure if there PE's....I dont see any white lines on the outside of the closed polyps. But, I might just be missing them since the pic is kinda blurry.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9304155#post9304155 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cardgenius
Im not too sure if there PE's....I dont see any white lines on the outside of the closed polyps. But, I might just be missing them since the pic is kinda blurry.

I was thinking the same thing... I would doubt those are PE's... Sweet none the less... But still... :)

what makes a polyp a PE?! I assumed before that it was a bright green mouth or at least a contrasted color mouth....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9306131#post9306131 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jafoca
what makes a polyp a PE?! I assumed before that it was a bright green mouth or at least a contrasted color mouth....

I was thinking the same thing. I assumed that the bright green mouth made them a PE. I'm no expert though.

I'd say they are sweet, PE or not. I think you should submit them to Zoaid.com as your own name, and leave the PE gibberish off. If you want go to club-zoa.com and they might be able to identify it for you, but it looks like nothing I have seen...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9308804#post9308804 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cardgenius
Here ya go.
DSC00645.jpg

Also, even with the crappiest pics, Ive never seen the mouth get washed out.

Thanks for the pic. I can see the white stripes you are talking about. I'll have to irritate these to see if they show any signs of the strips.

Jimmy595 - I'm not sure they are an AOG variant. I could be wrong though. The AOG's that I have are a lighter shade of orange with a tan skirt. These have that green mouth as well. I'll try to get a better pic to show the mouths.

Thanks everyone for all the input!

Back