New petco green gig

OK so some of you may remember my last attempt at gigs. I almost made aside from a critical error. After that I stepped down my plans and kept some haddoni and still do in a fish less system. And now it's all kept in a 45 tall. So while at the local petco I saw a Gigantea in a bag that was marked as a haddoni. I've treated gigs before with ciprofloxacin and felt like I should give it a shot. It's a lil bleached. But otherwise in good shape. Problem is when I got home I couldn't find the ciprofloxacin so I ended up putting it in my DT till I could get some. Anyway here is a pic taken right after it found a perch.

And I took these this morning after it relaxed and opened up to full spread:)

And a close up showing the mouth.

Neither of my 2 petco gigs needed meds. both were settled in within a couple of hours. Looks like yours may end up being the same way. Good luck!

You guys are sooo lucky. I have been hovering around Petco watching for a mislabel like this and have not had any luck yet.

Pink I am so hoping it won't need treatment. But I'm searching the storage shed for cipro tomorrow anyway. It has settled right in 30 hrs so that's good at least. I was thinking of two banded red sea clown fish for this monster. It's almost as large as my last green gig.

Cichlid

personally i dont put any clowns in my new carpet as i want it to completely settle down, especially large clown specie. Also i dont feed new carpet for at least 1 month. I follow these strict protocol whenever i acquire new gig.

Also if you dont have cipro you should call your dr or order FishFlox online just so you have it. I'd rather have it and not need it, then to need it but dont have it.

Next time dont take the risk of putting newly acquired gig into the same system with the old one, TOO MUCH RISK. i just throw this statement out there so new comer dont do what you did because not everyone strike luck "twice" like you :)

Yep I'm holding off on the clowns. And when I do they will be in qt at first to give a lil bit more time. It's a rare situation to have such a mature tank with no fish and I want to maximize it while the gig is settling in. I can't stress enough to people trying a multi gig system that every new gig needs a full qt and and treatment process before adding to any healthy gig system. I almost quit the hobby after my folly. So now I try again. I'll be ordering cipro if I can't find it in a day or two. It is a must have. I would not have even bought the gig if I thought I didn't have it already. But all looks well so far at least.

I sure do Duane. Here is one from earlier.

It spit out some zoox this morning so I adjusted my whites to 50% and left the blues at 100%. So I'm hoping it will help a climate easier.

It attached to loose lr that I built in the area it was placed. And on the move. It is resting its lower lip on the sand and it's mouth is open. Which I a tribute to it moving. I dimmed the lights a bit today and it seems to still be acclimating.

Woooohoooo!!! I found my cipro in the shed:) no I watch for signs.
Medications are delicate large organic molecules. They need to be keep at cool temperature and keep away from moisture. If they get bake in the car or shed, they may not be any good after several weeks in the heat. Keep this in mind.

Well back to plan b. Because it saw saw below freezing temps and hot days as well. I was thinking about that last night. I'm bummed it was in the shed. It was the only box of fish stuff I had out there.

He is on a walkabout. And walked across my clam and elegance coral to get to sitting on my electric green haddoni. It's looking strong and has good posture even though I can't see the mouth though. It looks like it's picking a good spot. So I'm not panicking yet. It s posture really made me confident. But I just drug out the 10 gallon for the hospital tank in case.

You Xenia is out of control. I am not sure which of my fish eat Xenia but I only have a few spots of Xenia here and there in my tank now. It used to look just like your's

Medications are delicate large organic molecules. They need to be keep at cool temperature and keep away from moisture. If they get bake in the car or shed, they may not be any good after several weeks in the heat. Keep this in mind.

Hmm, my meds have been in my bedroom where my tank is. Do you think they could be affected by the moisture? Sorry to hijack Cichlid.

PS nice gig, good luck with him

Back