New powder blue and other pictures

not that i dont believe you, but i would love to see the PBT measured with the ruler outside of the tank(fish inside) to show that it is indeed 7".

i have a PBT too, but probably a solid 5".

Well you said earlier in the thread that the fish came into your tank at 5", so I was thinking 5"-7" in 6 months is a phenomenal amount of growth on a powder blue.

But if it came in at 6 1/2", then being almost 7" isnt that big of a deal, half an inch in 6-7 months is pretty decent.

I love a big powder blue, they just are an amazing fish.

Well you said earlier in the thread that the fish came into your tank at 5", so I was thinking 5"-7" in 6 months is a phenomenal amount of growth on a powder blue.

But if it came in at 6 1/2", then being almost 7" isnt that big of a deal, half an inch in 6-7 months is pretty decent.

not that i dont believe you, but i would love to see the PBT measured with the ruler outside of the tank(fish inside) to show that it is indeed 7".

i have a PBT too, but probably a solid 5".

I'm trying to get this picture, but I don't think I'm going to be able to pull it off. There is no depth perception in my tank because there is very little rock and you can see right through, so the size the fish appears on the ruler is dependent on the fish's position in the tank. It looks like the fish are floating in the air, which is how I like it.

I have about four decent pictures and they all show different lengths, from as little as four inches to ten inches when I attempted to put the ruler in the back of the tank where the tang likes to race.

If I have to capture the fish for any reason I'll be sure to get another measurement then, but I'm not going to do it just for the sake of this thread. You'll just have to take my word for it. :)

Well, it's actually a lot closer to 8 months....

Just for the record, I've had a powder brown for almost as long and I don't think it has grown at all.

Nice PBT I've had mine for about 6 yrs, probably only 3 inches when I got him and only grew to about 4 1/2-5" in that amount of time, but every fish is different, I think some fish's growth is stunted by the size of the tank their in and never grow as big as they should.

Beautiful PBT Sonic! Love the videos. When are you taking him out of Hypo? Is that your DT or a QT tank?

Hey Reefers and Sonic, what's the secret to keeping a PBT?

It is out of hypo now, and that is my DT.

As with any fish, it is important to find a bright healthy specimen and fatten it up with whatever it wants to eat. Most tangs are malnourished by the time they reach our tanks.

Getting them on meaty foods like pellets will really help fatten them up after they get established, but initially they need a lot of calories. And at least a six foot tank.

Back