New RO System

Vwmatt526

Hi I was just wondering if the first run of water through a new RO system can be used in my tank or should a certain amount be discarded before use?

What is the gallons per day rating of the unit? I always heard run 5 gallons product water and discard that before using on your tank. But, that was many years ago. @kharmaguru thoughts?

What is the gallons per day rating of the unit? I always heard run 5 gallons product water and discard that before using on your tank. But, that was many years ago. @kharmaguru thoughts?
So it’s 50 gallons per day 4 stage unit but to be on the safe side, I discarded the first 15 gallons to flush any of the residual in the RO unit hoping that’s ok.

So it’s 50 gallons per day 4 stage unit but to be on the safe side, I discarded the first 15 gallons to flush any of the residual in the RO unit hoping that’s ok.
Again, not sure if necessary, but certainly can’t hurt.

Normally you flush the membrane because there's some sort of preservative on it, but the rest of the system is the standard 10 minute run to clear industrial oils and carbon/paper fines from the manufactured parts .
That's plenty I would think. You're good to go.

Normally you flush the membrane because there's some sort of preservative on it, but the rest of the system is the standard 10 minute run to clear industrial oils and carbon/paper fines from the manufactured parts .

That's plenty I would think. You're good to go.wesome thank you so much guys!!

Back