new skimmer for my reef

P593gat

hi guys, which skimmer should i use on my full sps reef 48”x24”x24”?
ultra reef akula?
dalua great white skimmer with dc pump?
vertex?
I would like to have an efficient and silent skimmer.
this is a video of my reef

reefing102

Who Am I Here?
Premium Member
My only experience with skimmers is Reef Octopus and I haven’t had any issues at all with it. I honestly don’t even recognize the brands you have listed so hopefully some can chime in there. But also awesome looking tank

kfisc

Your tank is indeed looking just fantastic, which leads me to ask: What if you don't actually need a skimmer? Since it's going that well, is there a chance the tank has just the right mix of nutrients such that skimming might alter the successful equation?

CasperOe

I have come to find that it is very much up to personal preference, previous experience and brand loyalty when you buy a skimmer and that it is very difficult indeed to find some solid purchase advise on 'which one is best'..

I am on my 3rd Deltec DC skimmer now and in our current Red Sea Reefer 170 I am using a Deltec 400i DC skimmer.

On my +200 gallon build (.. in my dreams and plans!) I will also be using a Deltec ; the 1500i DC skimmer.

In my experience, they're incredibly easy to dial in and take minimum adjustment to run to my liking. I have made a slight modification to my 400i by adding a push-fit connector to drain the skimmer cup- and an optical sensor in the top but it runs very well without any of this..

Best of luck! 🙏