New Stand Done

reeffer1

Finally finished my stand and thought I would show a pic.
67822revision92_corner_stand_001.jpg
67822revision92_corner_stand_006.jpg

Yes I bent all the wood. It took a little time but turned out good I think. The hardest thing was building the curved doors. And just for those of you without many tools I did this with just a jigsaw, circular saw, and a drill.

Do you have more detailed pictures of the interior and possibly the process?

I have a bowfront, and am looking to build a stand and hood for it, along with a good friend who is a carpenter, and am looking for details and ways to create teh curved front, and especially curved doors to match.

Thank you for eny help you cn provide.

67822revision92_corner_stand_004.jpg
67822revision92_corner_stand_007.jpg

A few more pics. The doors were the hardest part. All I can say is take your time. Bending the wood was not to difficult because I used 1/4" oak veneer plywood. The trim was a little harder it is also oak. I ended up using about 20 clamps when bending the large radius.
You can also see my booboo where I had to trim out a small piece of the center cover so the door lock would let the door close. But hey when it is closed you can't see it.

Thanks for all the nice feedback!!!

Safir,
To create the radius take and set your tank on some cardboard and trace it. This will be your template for everything. With that template you can trace the curve onto the wood to cut it out. The doors are a little more tricky. I had the basic construction of the stand done then I traced the top and bottom radius on to the wood for the door to ensure it would be a good fit. I should have taken pics while building but did not.

thank you for the information - the two detail pictures actually answered a lot of my questions about the framing behind the curve.

I'll try and get some pictures of the construction and finished product for mine.

Thanks, When I get the tank moved I will have some more pics. I am putting the sump in the basement with a 75 gal fuge,also hooking up super squirt on a closed loop. I still have a lot of work to do before moving it including drilling 10 holes in the tank!

Back