Here's an update of my tank. These pictures were taken May 5th ish

Attachments

• old 1.jpg
    old 1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0
  • old 2.jpg
    old 2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
Here's some pictures taken today, 18 June 2013. I was out of town for six weeks and my brothers at the fire house took care of business for me! Some serious trust there.

Lost a sexy shrimp, it happens.

6 line is doing great

Zoas are taking off. My Green horn coral (center) fell onto the Plate coral to the left and burned it a little, but I glued him back in place.

The two plate corals (left, center and far right) are doing awesome. I also added a Blue Steel plate coral bottom right. My GSP expanded onto the rock structure so I gotta get that off there before it takes over. Any suggestions on how to get it off?

Zoas are looking good, mostly. Not as much growth on the bottom ones as I'd like I think I need to move them up some.

My xmas favia is doing awesome. Expanded completely over the plug and its going more.

Added some green shrooms from the house community tank and they're expanding nicely.

Bottom right I've got some encrusting type coral there that I had fragged at a LFS and it's expanded over the white of the frag where it was cut. Incredible!

My buddies here changed the water for me every other week (so they say haha) but the tank looks great, all perimeters are normal. Got a little bit of funny looking brownish algae going on that I need to eradicate.

This hobby is awesome, I'm thoroughly pleased with the success I've had thus far.

Please let me know what you folks think.

Attachments

• new 3.jpg
    new 3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 0
  • new 4.jpg
    new 4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
Also, sorry for the crappy iPhone side-ways pictures.

You will also notice a nice SPS on the top left (acropora?). Doing phenomenal, great growth.

You seem to be pretty open to costs, some I'm not going to feel uncomfortable asking... Less the controller... How much to you have into the lighting mod... I am pickin up 12 jbj nano and I plan to run it from main system sump so it gets the cooling and skimming but I'm going to use this as a frag tank... I really like you set up... I think the lighting may be a little light for heavy sps, but I can always add another 10k...

Back