New Store in Springfield, IL

bradley01

Hey all! I'm glad to see the new SDIRB site/forum up and running!

I just wanted to share with everyone something that I just learned. I'm usually the last person to find out about things, so just let me know if everyone knows about this already.

There is a new saltwater fish store in Springfield, IL. Here is the info:

The Stables
3233 Mathers Road, Suite B (go to A if no one is in B)
Ph: (217) 546-4446
www.underwaterstables.com

I spoke with Linda. She said that their doors are not open yet, but they have a few tanks set up with a few fish in them...just because they like to have the tanks set up. She said they can order ANYTHING at any time, and if you would like to see the fish they have in their tanks, just give her a call and you can stop by anytime. She said they are only doing saltwater, and they are specializing in breeding seahorses (hence the "underwaterstables" )

She said they will open their doors as a true store front if they get enough expressed interest in their business, so I hope everyone supports the new shop! We could certainly use a little more competition in Springfield!

The name of one of the guys running it (or at least originally) is Mike.

They share an office with a cpa out there. We actually held one of our meetings there last year.

I hadn't heard from Mike in a while, so I wasn't sure how the operation was going out there.

Thanks for the update.

I will be stopping by this afternoon to check out the "store". I will post what I find out. Linda was excited to learn that I would be sharing the info with everyone on these forums!

Yeah. It used to be called the Aquatic Life. Mike Wright ran it as an aquarium maintenance business. he would set up and maintain tanks for people. Then he started toying with seahorses, and started to make the shift to a full service store.

Be sure to let us know.

Back