New Store - Lakeland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW. Guess I won't try there...
Amanda on a side note did you get a PM from John at FAOIS? I just got one about my Blueberry Gorgonia. He apparently moniters these sites and was alarmed that no information was given to me on the care of the gorgonia. He gave me the care info and said if it was too much for me I could return it for a full refund. Got to tell you I am very impressed!

Not sure who helped me but they were very busy at the time. Lots of people waitingfor help. I know I should have aksed morequestion. Still it is impressive to find a store owner caring more about the live stock then the pocket book. :)

Pic of a fish in the store.

mystreyWrasse.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13269994#post13269994 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by utry2win
Pic of a fish in the store.

mystreyWrasse.jpg

Nice Mystery wrasse. Looks like this might be my kind of store.

Yeah, I would call him about 3" long, and the picture doesn't do his colors justice. He also has a really nice trio of tank raised black clowns, which if I didn't know they would get beaten up in my tank would have come home with me today. I'm excited about this new store, finally somewhere people that are serious about the hobby can go without driving a long distance.

Something I thought was kind of interesting, is they built in a area for people to sit and talk with them about thier tank and answer questions they have. They also have a small library of books (20-30) available for customers to read, and for them to use as referance to help you identify things that you have questions about.

I stopped by there today. It definetly has the potential to be a very nice store. Talked to the guys there for a bit, and once they get it all the way they talked it should be pretty nice. Those pumps they had were pretty cool also.

Ok you guys out in that area are going to have to keep us updated on the store. Willing to take the drive but want to wait until the store is fully up and running.

I didn't see anything freshwater in there, but the store isn't all the way setup yet. I plan on heading over there next weekend again, it isn't too far from me.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13271345#post13271345 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jay03GT
I didn't see anything freshwater in there, but the store isn't all the way setup yet. I plan on heading over there next weekend again, it isn't too far from me.
Jay, take some pics of the store when you're over there.

Not sure when the next time I'll be by there, but if some pics havn't been posted, I'll stop and ask Todd or Matt if they mind me taking some pictures of the store (they had no problems with me taking a pic of the Mystery Wrasse) to post on here. Have a feeling they won't mind. I know I would want to show off what I've worked hard to get established. I don't think they have any website yet, there isn't one on thier business card.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13271925#post13271925 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
Jay, take some pics of the store when you're over there.

If I can remember my camera I will.:D

Are they open on Sunday? :D I'll have to go and give it a shot some time. It is much closer to me than FAOIS, which will always by my #1, but it's also nice to have others..

Stopped by on my way home from work. Took a a few quick pics. Both guys were talking to people so I just snapped and went on my way.

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13277926#post13277926 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by utry2win
Stopped by on my way home from work. Took a a few quick pics. Both guys were talking to people so I just snapped and went on my way.

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

You sure you don't work for this store? If both guys were talking to people, it must have been outside while you snapped pics. :lol:
Stopped in and checked the store out, still lacking on livestock, but that should come with time.
The store was set up very nice. Everything was clean, and well, new. Livestock they have looks very nice and healthy. Looks like this might be a nice store for the Polk/Lakeland area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back