New tank 28 - 34 range? ideas?

Rob_Reef_Keeper

Still debating on what to do for a new tank.

Oceanic 30G cube
Going this route can go with a HOB skimmer like a Deltec MCE 300 (http://deltecusa.us/proteinskimmers/mce300.php). My Litermeter can be used for auto top off but need to find a way to get a float switch on the tank to prevent overflow if no top off is needed. For lighting maybe an Sunpod 150W HQI. To drill this tank would be more work then I want but an option. Can keep anything.

Solana 34G
Will need an upgraded skimmer (Tunze 9002) and my top off can work with the sump partition as well. Can keep anything.

JBJ 28G HQI
Will need an upgraded skimmer (HOB) and my top off can work with the sump partition as well. Will need a skimmer do to the closed top. Can keep anything.

Oceanic Biocube
Will need an upgraded skimmer (Saphire) and my top off can work with the sump partition as well. Will need a skimmer do to the closed top. Limited to some LPS and softies due to lighting

Any other ideas?

I like the cube. :D If I could go back and start over I would have drilled my cube (back only, bottom is tempered) and put it on a larger stand to accomodate a sump.

So you don't want to go bigger than 34G? I have my eye on the Oceanic tech series 45 g as my next tank.

Back