New tank

deep current

Hi every one, I am a new member. After reading a few threads I realized the plethora of information here and had to join!

I have a few questions:

Is my anemone dying? see pic had him only a few weeks and hes been shrinking and his mouth is all swelled out.

Also I saw a small tube like thing pop up on one of my rocks and squire out a white hazy liquid then he went away? about 1/4" big. my water is a bit milky. is this a parasite? I have a lot of hairy green algae too

I am sure I will have more questions thanks!

Attachments

• 2012-09-17_19-34-53_230.jpg
    2012-09-17_19-34-53_230.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2012-09-17_19-29-46_75.jpg
    2012-09-17_19-29-46_75.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
If you dont know what the tube worm is then my guess is your tank is to new for the anemone , they like older more mature tanks.
How old is this tank?
Whats used for water flow?
Whats the water readings?

The anemone is not looking good. Does it feed? What lights is it under? How old is the tank? How long have you had it? Is that a Condy?

I would post this picture in the Anemone and Clownfish forum.

and...
[welcome]

Hi guys thanks for the reply. Had I found this forum before I got the anemone I would never had bought him I feel bad he died today but I learned a lot in the process and will wait until everything is right before I try to keep another anemone. It was a purple tipped haitian anemone or "Condylactis" WAS really cool.

So the tank is 2 months old:
20 Gallon (Thats all I can fit)
Fluval 204 Canister
Eshopps 100 Protein skimmer
AA Aquarium 24watt UV algae killer
Actinic blue florescent
LED accent light
10 lbs Live rock
live substrate
2- Yellow tailed Blue Damsels
2- hermit crabs
I thought I was through the cycle when Ammonia peaked at 2ppm and then started to go down but then it spiked back up to 8ppm after I cleaned the tank and water changed 4 gallons.

I think cleaning the tank with a siphon vaccume kills the good Nitro bacteria? So now I am gonna let the tank run for a few weeks. what do u all think? thanks

I think your rushing...........hobby of patients. I promise if your take your time youll be much happier, your tank residents will be much happier and your wallet will be a little fuller lol

I agree with the above posts. Can you remove the anemone to a more suitable tank while yours matures?

Also, do you have a sump? More detailed lighting and chemistry parameters would also help with dispensing advice to get your tank up to the anemone's standards

Back