New tank

Neoz

Looking for some advice. If you were going to purchase a new 125 RR tank were is the best place and prices.. I can get one locally here for $425 plus tax. Are all tanks the same or should I be looking for a certain brand IF I go new. Thanks for any suggestions..

Like a dumb@ss I passed on it. It wasn't RR and I wanted a different sump setup. Guess I'm being a little fussy. So I may just build my own setup the way I want it..

I would like a sump setup like frankandmaura has. Not sure what make and model but thats what I would like to go with. Not really looking for a tank to go under my cabinet. So I sent Frank a Pm ;)

The best prices I have seen for tanks is The Pet Place in Lancaster PA. I actually drove there to get a tank and some equipment last year.

They list a 125g Perfecto w/2 corner flo for $399 (black or oak). They also have 125g All-Glass Reef Ready for $399. The All Glass would still need the plumbing for the overflow. The Perfecto's come with the plumbing.

Tax in PA is 6% so it would cost $424 in Lancaster. Locally with tax would be $459. Unless you go next weekend when they have their annual sale and the perfecto tanks are 10% off, saving another $42.4 with the tax. You would need a good day to drive there get it and drive back plus the gas. If you go during the sale expect crowds. I don't know if it is worth it to save $35. You could however let your LFS know you can get it somewhere for $399 and they might be willing to negociate a little. Maybe delivery, throw in some extras.

I am not a good negociator so I usally pay the asking price, but that is me.

Good Luck,
Dave

Unless I see a savings of like 80$ or more its not really worth the trip. Being on the road all day is no fun :D . So if I go new Perfecto is the way I'm going. So that has all the plumbing in it already... Not really sure what that all is but sounds good.. :D

I added a strainer to the standpipe to stop snails from taking the water slide down to the basement. But the perfecto pretty much comes with the piping that goes inthe overflow and a short loc-link Y with tow outputs.

If you are thinking of going to Lancaster for the sale, be advised it is first come first served. You could posts in the That Pet Place forum to see how many 125g Perfectos they have. If you go during the sale it could save $80 but it would be a whole day at least. If you get lights, pumps, ... you could even save more. You may want to check out the website and see details about what is on sale.

Dave

daveverdo you have the url for that website? I should at least check it out. Because I will be needing a lot of equipment. If I'm going to go I might as well get a bunch of items to make it worth while..

Heck yeah! Were and when is that? You have any more information? Like a website or anything? Are they RR tanks..

i think the 1/ per gallons is for all glass non reef ready tanks.... but you could always have it drilled and put your own overflows in! the overflow boxes will be less bulky that way!

The add says "select" tank, I interpret this add to mean that only 75g tanks are $1/gal. The others are some % off as listed. I am not sure but that is how I read this add.

TFP Tank Sale

Dave

Back