New to area

vinnoex

I have recently married and moved to Jackson, TN. I was wanting to say hello to everyone. After having a tank crash, fixed, moved 400 miles, only to have it crash and burn (literally), scraped, and moved 300 miles; it looks like I'm going to get back into the hobby.

As a side note, does anyone know of a place that sales saltwater paraphernalia in or around Jackson. The place I went to closed.

Welcome to the area and congrats on getting married!

I think the only Saltwater palce left around these parts is Fishy Business in Lexington. It is not too far from Jackson.

You should check into becoming part of the club officially at
www.wtmrac.org

Yes, welcome. I live in Beech Bluff in Madison County. As Dave said, the closest LFS is in Lexington. The May meeting will be at my home. We would love to have you attend. PM me if you have any questions. Vicki

I went by Fishy Business several times since they opened back up, but they mainly only have the majority of their marine stock a day or two after delivery. I would like to buy from a place that the fish are there for a week or more so you know they are healthy and eating. They may stock it better after they get things back in full swing.

Welcome to the area my friend, and I suggest that you head for Memphis straight down I-40 and you have 3 choices of LFS that actually specialize in Saltwater and Reef "stuff", and all have good selections.
Closest to you would be Kermits Reef at 8551 Macon Rd in Cordova, Get off 40 at Germantown Rd, Wolfchase Mall exit, (Wife will love the mall) Kermits is about 5 minutes from the mall.
Then up the road at appling rd exit is Something Fishy just South of the interstate on Appling .
MEMFish is about another 20 minutes around the interstate its
at 5719 Quince.
We are very Lucky here in Memphis with the selection we have as they really have a great mix, and a tremendous amount of Knowledge. Both Kermits and Memfish are owned and run by club Members and are a real "Wealth of Knowledge" You will find.

Shop around and enjoy! I know its not right in your back yard but it will make a nice trip for you and your wife. Good luck!!

And around off of 240 is

Re: New to area

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12180702#post12180702 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vinnoex

As a side note, does anyone know of a place that sales saltwater paraphernalia in or around Jackson.

Would that be a reefer shop?

:p

Re: Re: New to area

Re: Re: New to area

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12185383#post12185383 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by just dave
Would that be a reefer shop?

:p

I'm sure that kind of shop would have some interesting ... ... skimmers. :)

Pay no attention to that man behind the wall(Just Dave).
He can not be held responsible for his own actions.
and besides he is just a "pigment" of his own warped imagination.

All three are closed on Monday!! Which of course is my day "off work" MEMFish is also closed on Tuesday.

Memfish and Kermits are open on Sunday.

Back