New Wireless pumps from Jebao RW-8 & RW-15

Assuming Jebao has done the same thing as in the Vortech (a reasonable assumption :)), the ability to synchronize modes across multiple pumps can be quite useful. OK, sure, I suppose one could adjust each controller separately to achieve the same effect, but with wireless synching it is much easier.

I think there is a use for it... I don't use the wave functions but like I mentioned earlier a more impressive setup would be a simple controller capable of multiple pumps. Sell me a master unit for a few bucks more and let me buy individual pumps as needed. I think we can all agree that we have enough controllers.

Fish guy do you ever get tired of just bringing the same thing back ?

The controller is diffrent pumps are diffrent if you take the best of both worlds and change it it's not the same thing. If tunze or Eco tech had a case they would be all over it they have no case all pumps look similar.

Only thing is diffrent is the new Riptide Gyre from maxspect !
Now that's new

They have a Case.

The Problem is is Jebao is hiding over in China where the government does not care and seems to promote this practice as their are so many knock offs over there.

If a company tried this here in the States they would be out of business and in jail real quickly.

This would not fly here.

I think there is a use for it... I don't use the wave functions but like I mentioned earlier a more impressive setup would be a simple controller capable of multiple pumps. Sell me a master unit for a few bucks more and let me buy individual pumps as needed. I think we can all agree that we have enough controllers.

That more impressive setup is called a Tunze, it does what you want, is made to last and the support is second to none, even when bought used and out of warranty.

I've ordered two of the RW-8 as well. I went through Reef Breeders for mine. They said they're getting them in stock today, so hopefully they'll ship for me in another day or two. Can't wait to give them a shot! Glad they came out so quickly after we first caught wind of them instead of having to wait 6 months to a year.

They have a Case.

The Problem is is Jebao is hiding over in China where the government does not care and seems to promote this practice as their are so many knock offs over there.

If a company tried this here in the States they would be out of business and in jail real quickly.

This would not fly here.

Bwahahaha i dont think jebao is over hiding in china lol !!! This guy is funny they are from china lol !!! There is no case that i can see as the pump is all in tank unless your blind and cant see that or he's just looking for attention "look at the other jebao threads and he's on there with the same rant" cause mommy and daddy are not home to come down in the basement and play with him in his peanut butter fort bwahaha .
Anyways since the majority of our equipment is imported,manufactured overseas,assembled in the states i have no problem purchasing a pump from a usa dealer thats sold in the states at a decent price beats the heck out of my old koralia evos which every 3 months i had to replace the grills .
And i dont have to pay for a couple pumps what i could get a used car for cause at the end of the day it is only a glass box in others eyes that is only a FISH tank lol which i hear all the time from the wifey when im considering droping the amount of money in it that could clothe my children for the year.
I cant wait for my rw8 pair to arrive thanks Reefbreeders for stocking them i hope they by far succed the wp models as the wp25 has been the best pump i have got for the money no doubt . Reef on my reefing bruthas!!!

First it was the name on one of their Pumps - They called it the Eco-Tec

Then their Power Head (WP-10) which is MP-10 Flipped over.

They also copied the Tunze design.

At least here they gave it a new name.

But they then copied the Vortech.

They are purposefully trying to in line themselves with Tunze and Vortech.

Do you guys not agree with this?

I mean what if somebody started a New Car Company and called it Chevroleta, then made a Car and named it the Biesta, then made the car look like a Charger.

You don't think that Ford and Chevy would sue the Crap out of them for infringement?

That is the same thing that is going on here - no different.

I know people are only seeing the price as all they care about but please tell me you agree with me here.

Put aside the Price and the fact you like the pump - I understand this I really do.

I see it from your point of view.

Why can't you see it from my point of view?

Back at it eh? Your posts always seem to be.... full of it. You are all over the place and such a fan boy. Just drop it and skip the Jebao threads. You add nothing to Reef Central but crap.

We get it. Jebao is such crap and copies everyone. Not more need to shout it from the tallest roof top.

Go stare directly at your beloved Kessil and drop this. Its sickening.

Man.., why is the fish guy keep on getting ganged up on? It's not first time that I see this happening. Anyway, I disagree with his view on this one. There are similarities between the pumps but you cannot call it a copy or bring a law suit when its controller and software appear to be quite innovative IMO.

Man.., why is the fish guy keep on getting ganged up on? It's not first time that I see this happening. Anyway, I disagree with his view on this one. There are similarities between the pumps but you cannot call it a copy or bring a law suit when its controller and software appear to be quite innovative IMO.

Because this isn't the thread to bash on Chinese manufactures, that's why. This is a thread to discuss the Jebao RW pump line. If haters want to make a hate thread, they're free to go do so. I would suggest a title such as "Chinese rip offs" or "Jebao stealing American jobs" or some such. Then people can hate and bust on each other all they like. But THIS thread is for discussing the RW pumps and their performance from owners and potential owners of these pumps and NOT for opinion discussion on the merits of the current status of worldwide trade issues.

I have a 48x18 90g. UPS was here early today, I think its a record. But so far on w1 they seem to do well on the lowest setting possible. If I put them on anything else, I get bare spots in the sand. That's with seafloor special grade. I was under the assumption that you could adjust the flow output on ELSE mode, but putting them on the lowest setting possible on the controller had no effect. I may need to look into getting lower voltage power supplies.

What was your first impression of the quality? I've got a very similar setup that I'm about to start up and I'm very interested in the RW's.

Because this isn't the thread to bash on Chinese manufactures, that's why. This is a thread to discuss the Jebao RW pump line. If haters want to make a hate thread, they're free to go do so. I would suggest a title such as "Chinese rip offs" or "Jebao stealing American jobs" or some such. Then people can hate and bust on each other all they like. But THIS thread is for discussing the RW pumps and their performance from owners and potential owners of these pumps and NOT for opinion discussion on the merits of the current status of worldwide trade issues.

This^^^^

My posts may have been a tad harsh but its just very tiring to see this on every single Jebao thread. Its been addressed before and its still continues to happen.

Its pretty simple. Just stay out of the threads that you have nothing to add to.

It would be like me going to every Ecotech thread telling everyone they overpaid. I'm sure it would rub someone the wrong way.

What was your first impression of the quality? I've got a very similar setup that I'm about to start up and I'm very interested in the RW's.

Quality seems just fine. The mounting bracket and magnet fit snug. They both also have rubber on any connecting surface. Though the way the power cord comes out of the pump, you do have to put the pump sideways then adjust from there.

You can adjust flow intensity with the controller only on wave modes. ELSE mode seems to do whatever it wants no matter what the power setting is on.

Overall happy with them so far. I am still dumbfounded that I ordered them Friday, and they got here today from Hong Kong.

Quality seems just fine. The mounting bracket and magnet fit snug. They both also have rubber on any connecting surface. Though the way the power cord comes out of the pump, you do have to put the pump sideways then adjust from there.

You can adjust flow intensity with the controller only on wave modes. ELSE mode seems to do whatever it wants no matter what the power setting is on.

Overall happy with them so far. I am still dumbfounded that I ordered them Friday, and they got here today from Hong Kong.

They have a NJ warehouse. Are you sure it didn't come from there?

That seals it for me. Looks like I'll be putting in my order today. Thanks for the info!

Would the RW-8 be too much of a pump for a 29 gallon? I do have the wp10 right now, but it needs more power.

Size wise it may be a little large. They are about the size of a Koralia 750. Flow wise, will depend on your rock work and if you're bare bottom or not.

Back