New Zoa Placement

JM68

i picked up a small frag of zoas at my lfs today. they r a deep, but very bright red color and i have heard that a lot of zoas that have a bright red coloring don't last and wither away in captivity. Is there anywhere special that i should put the, for example higher light or higher flow than normal to have a better chance of keeping them alive?? i know its hard without a pic, but i will post on as soon as i get a chance.

i have a small colony of zoas that are a really deep red with bright red skirt. i have had them for awhile and they seem to do really well anywhere i have placed them

It is tough to tell without a picture but most bright red zoanthids are from the Solomon Islands or Bali and prefer uber light and higher flow. good luck with them

here's a pic i took today when they were open. right now i have them towards the bottom of the tank in low flow. any know if these have a name or resemble anything that has been named??
redzoos.jpg

Looks like a morph of bambams. Keep them low at first with decent to good flow ( NON-DIRECT ), then you can move them up several inch's at a time as tiem goes on. The polyps will tell you wether their happy or not.

Back