Next COMAS Meeting - December 12 at UCO

Lightsluvr

Tangaroa to 500 gallons
Premium Member
The December COMAS meeting will be held December 12 at the usual location in the Atrium at the University of Central Oklahoma. We will post directions and a map to the UCO location on this thread later.

This will be our annual Holiday event, with a pot luck smorgasbord and the famous "Dirty Reef Santa" gift exchange. Doors will open at 7:00 p.m.

COMAS will provide meats and beverages - each attendee is requested to bring a side dish and/or dessert. We will start a sign in on this thread so we can order food accordingly. In addition, we will start a list of what food folks will be bringing, so we won't have 12 kinds of potato salad... :lol2:

There will be an opportunity to renew your membership, so we can get your new member's tag to you at January's big Member's only raffle meeting.

To participate in the Dirty Santa, bring a (new) saltwater aquarium related wrapped gift. There will be a sign in for the Dirty Santa. Don't miss out! Please no used sneakers, even if they smell like fish. :hmm1:

Our new COMAS librarian and Frag program chairman will also be ready to receive returned books and frags for their programs.

Bookmark this thread and we'll keep you advised. We hope there will be a great turnout to kick off the Holidays! Feel free to bring guests who are interested in saltwater aquariums.

Thanks!

LL

Hi there George,

Are newbies invited and how much is the membership?

I bought a baby clown yesterday and I acclimated the new one, Dezi, and my Lucy at the same time. I was so excited when I let Lucy swim into her new home. She stayed in one small section of the tank for quite a while and after about 15 to 20 minutes, she realized she had a bigger home. She became excited and she couldn't swim fast enough. She was funny!! Today, she's relaxed and loving her new home, and the goby and pistol shrimp have caves throughout the tank. :eek:)

All are invited

All are invited

Marsha,

Everyone is invited, you will have a chance to sign up for membership. There is a map on the link I sent you earlier. Hope to see you there.

Hi there George,

Are newbies invited and how much is the membership?

I bought a baby clown yesterday and I acclimated the new one, Dezi, and my Lucy at the same time. I was so excited when I let Lucy swim into her new home. She stayed in one small section of the tank for quite a while and after about 15 to 20 minutes, she realized she had a bigger home. She became excited and she couldn't swim fast enough. She was funny!! Today, she's relaxed and loving her new home, and the goby and pistol shrimp have caves throughout the tank. :eek:)

Congratulations, Marsha!

It is neat to read the exuberance of new aquarists! Always keep the enthusiasm even when there may be setbacks!

As lynn said, you are certainly invited to attend COMAS meetings, and encouraged to bring friends who share your interest.

There will be more details posted about the pot luck dinner and Dirty Santa gift exchange as we get closer to meeting time...

LL

Christmas dinner food

Christmas dinner food

:wave:What food do you need for me to bring to the Christmas party ?

How about a pecan pie ?

Jim

Food, glorious food....

Food, glorious food....

OK let's start a list of food. Just cut and paste the latest post, adding what you plan to bring.

COMAS will supply smoked turkey and ham, pop, paper plates, cups , plastic ware and napkins.

SIDES:

Hominy Casserole - MarshaW

DESSERTS:

Pecan Pie - Florida Coral

Who's next?

Thanks!

LL

SIDES:

Strawberry salad- Lytehouse

DESSERTS:

SIDES:

Broccoli cheese casserole - jksteele

DESSERTS:

SIDES:

Green beans - Lightsluvr

DESSERTS:

Pumpkin Pie(s) - Lightsluvr

SIDES:

Green beans - Lightsluvr
Pasta Salada - M & J
Bread Dip - M & J

DESSERTS:

Sorry, but we will not be able to make this one. Too many parties in too short a period.

P.

SIDES:

Green beans - Lightsluvr
Pasta Salada - M & J
Bread Dip - M & J

DESSERTS:

Brownies- Cjilge,wife and new baby

SIDES:

Green beans - Lightsluvr
Pasta Salada - M & J
Bread Dip - M & J

DESSERTS:

cookies - scashman

SIDES:

Green beans - Lightsluvr
Pasta Salada - M & J
Bread Dip - M & J

DESSERTS:

cookies - scashman
Chocolate Cheescake and Christmas cookies - gws76

Dirty santa

Dirty santa

Don't forget the Dirty Santa gift - something under $20 (+/-) new - aquarium related...

See everybody around 7:00 for visiting time... chow at 7:30 - Dirty Santa afterward

LL

Back