nextreef mr1 or phosban reactor

Megatrev62

Just looking for some input on which of these reactors to purchase. I am going to run it on a 90 gallon tank. Thanks

I have the nextReef MR1 and I like everything about it. Easy to swap out media. I haven't had any experience with the phos ban reactor

Hi, I have two reactors, the first is a Deltec for bio-pellets and a Reef Octopus for media, I did a lot of looking around for a third one and have settled on the Nextreef MR1 for GFO. What I like bout them is that the top has two small 1/2 outlets, this will allow me to use a short connecting hose with a couple of 1/2 90 degree barbs for upflow and downflow, this is the only reactor that has nice compact fittings on it and easy to clean - read you can get your hand in to wash out. I will probably sell the Reef octopus reactor and buy a second MR1 if that helps. Have also had a huge Avast, well made but was too large for my 120.

Thank you both for the input. I'm leaning toward the nextreef, I have read some decent reviews on it. Thanks for your experience with that reactor.

Back