Non-enriched brine shrimp in the tank - what to do?

jjencek

I am breeding a cardinal fish. I am feeding them enriched brine shrimp.

But I put too much of the shrimp into the tank with the fish. The shrimp loses most of the nutritional value in hours, but the fish ate only a few and the rest is still there.

I don't want the fry to keep eating the shrimp with no nutrition. What should I do?

1. Add the enrichment for the BS right into the tank. I use powder algae.

2. Wait until the BS starves and dies.

3. Try to siphon them out.

If your that worried a water change would do the best, never dose straight into your tank unless professionally advised or at your own risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a 10 gal tank for breeding. I just figured out 80% solution to the problem.

I siphoned 80% of the water through a sock and put the water back.

Problem almost gone.

:bounce3:

For the future: If you have live microalgae, then you can just add that, and the brine shrimp will just keep eating and stay relatively enriched until they're eaten. As a bonus, the live microalgae can bloom and take up nitrogenous waste.

For the future: If you have live microalgae, then you can just add that, and the brine shrimp will just keep eating and stay relatively enriched until they're eaten. As a bonus, the live microalgae can bloom and take up nitrogenous waste.

Yes, that would work, but I did not have live microalgae. I use a concentrate and was not sure that was the best idea adding it to the tank.

Maybe it could work with the concentrate because I use it when breeding clowns for the first week or so to green up the water and keep rotifers alive.

Back