North Dakota Reefers Meeting and BBQ

moonyguy

Premium Member
Hello Everyone

My name is Vishnu. I am a reefer from Grand Forks, ND. I go to school at UND. You are cordially invited for an informal meeting at my apartment coming Sunday at 5 pm. I have two tanks ...recently setup that you can see and comment. After the meeting we can drive over to Icereefer's place (about 5 mins from my place) and do a BBQ and more tank tours. His SPS tank is worth the trip.
The mail goal of this meeting is to know each other and share experiences and information and plan for a formal club if there is enough interest.

Details

What: ND Reefers Meeting and BBQ

When: Sunday, July 29th, 2007 at 5 pm. You can show up early if you like.

Where: My Apartment. 3815 Berkeley Drive #7, Grand Forks, ND

Directions: Assuming you are in Grand Forks, go west on University drive till you get to Tulane Drive on your right (you will see a large building to your left with a while Doppler Radar Done). Take right (North) on Tulane drive and the first right onto Berkeley Drive. 3815 is the first apartment block to the right. The entrance is to the east.

Parking: Since we live on University Campus, there is visitor parking right in front of our apartment. So as soon as you enter Berkeley Drive there is visitor parking on the right. Look for a sign.

If you are lost and need help here is my contact information:
Phone: 701-777-9732
Email: moonyguy @ yahoo . com

Please RSVP in this thread so we know how many are coming.

I will provide non-alcoholic drinks and some snacks.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.

clear skies
Vishnu

I'll be there representing the Minnesota Clan!! Looking forward to meeting my new family of northern reefers!!

EDIT: Is this enough time to get the word out??

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Personally, 5pm is getting on the late side. 3pm sounds better. But I am flexible!!

Last edited:
I think 3 pm sounds good to me.
I am out of town next weekend...going to Chicago ..so you will have to find another host.

so this sunday is a no go now?

im interested in making the trip, does anybody have frags to trade?

i have some plates, xenia, tan frogspawn, alot of bright green and yellow zoo's, also some limited amount of rics and other zoo's that are still growing out from frags if ya got something i want

Hi

I think we should still meet this Sunday. But lets see how many people can make it. The more the better but we can only wait so much....we can always meet again in August. What are you looking for as far as frags go?
Vishnu

Hi Turbo I have the follow for trade..nothing fancy since my 75 gal is still being setup and so my acans and blastos are still tiny frags. I have some stuff in my 20 gal that I can frag off and give....mostly zoas, electric green star polyps, Yellow Polyps, mushrooms, and ofcourse Xenia which you already have. The best stuff in town here is in Icereefers tank...really cool stuff. He would be a better person to talk about his stuff.
Vishnu

Not trying to be a poop about the time. I'll definitely be there trhis Sunday. I may show up a little early if that's ok.

Sounds great. 3 pm sounds prefect James. If you have trouble finding the place give me a call.

So far here are the people interested to participate.

Turbo5oh
moonyguy
Mr James
Icereefer
Bankspower (most probably)

Hey guys, Id love to make it to this meeting, but I think the August 12 meeting would work better for me. Im kinda in a money crunch right now and need to wait for the next pay check for gas money. I guess that happens now and then when you have a reef tank : ).

Hey Matt,

Can you car pool with some one and make it? We can sure organize another one in August so you can make it but I think Turbo is coming from Fargo....may be he can give you a ride...Turbo is this something possible?
Vishnu

well im not totaly sure that im coming at this moment due to just finding out i have to be in cities monday, i will find out tonight what time monday i have to be down there if its later in the day i should still be able to make it up to forks

ill let ya know tonight, but if i can make it wouldnt be a problem to carpool or something

We will do 3 pm since that will be good for most people. Jim is that okay with you for BBQ? We can chat at my place for a couple of hours and head over to Jim by say 5 pm for BBQ.

Hey guys, if its ok, I think me and the wife will drive up for the meeting regardless of our current situation : ). I think we came to the consensus that the meeting will be at 3pm so we will be there at 3.

by Mattewell
Hey guys, if its ok, I think me and the wife will drive up for the meeting regardless of our current situation : ). I think we came to the consensus that the meeting will be at 3pm so we will be there at 3.

Cool. Glad you can make it.

Ok 3 it is, how's everyone for 5 at my place for a BBQ? I'll start up the smoker and make some smoked marinated chickens and some fixings???? if you want it earlier let me know, and how many are coming so I make enough. and I have most of my zoa's for sale or trade, sinularia,ricordea's,different type's of mushrooms,I have some Larger LR with encrusted gorg on it and some with GPS I'm looking to trade for good clean LR. and will take orders for frags for next meeting.
dry equipment I have a large CPR HOB refuge, small CPR HOB, refuge. urchin skimmer with a mag 3. new in box maxi-jet 1200. looking to up grade to a 250 watt HQI pendent so if the price is right I have a 150 watt optix III pendent with a Icecap ballast. and I might even consider selling my 20 gal BB and canopy made for the 150 watt pendent I have a 14k phoenix that goes with it too.

Last edited:
Back