Not so silly but sounds silly question. How do you wash your hands ?

icliao

How do you wash your hands before working between a quarantine tank and display tank to make sure no ich or other paradites can be transfered?

In general, dish soap is what i use on my hands all the time.

If thats not enough some orange/pumice hand cleaner or brake cleaner first... but thats generally after being under a car or something.

I just use dish soap and rinse really well. Dawn is pretty environmentally friendly. That's why they use it for oil spill clean up's on wild life and stuff. Obviously you still don't want it in your tank but better minuscule bits of that then some mystery chemical soap IMO.

how_to_handwash_lge.gif

How do you wash your hands before working between a quarantine tank and display tank to make sure no ich or other paradites can be transfered?
I do a spray with 90% rubbing alcohol and air dry then a normal wash fingertip to elbows with Dawn as hand soap. Alcohol might be Overkill but this is how we sanitize when going from wastewater to drinking water. I also wear gloves for all these tasks and they get the same treatment.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I just let my hands/arms dry. If I'm really OCD that day I will wash my hands with whatever bath and body works soap my wife has sitting by the sink

I do a modified surgical scrub if I've been doing something messy. For going between QT and DT I generally just rinse real well in the utility sink, towel dry, and go for it. Never really gave it any thought beyond that.

Back