Not testing water

gguertin

I dont know whats worse the fact that one of my anenomes didnt look good and I finally tested the water to see I had high Nitrates or the fact I just mixed 20 gallons of saltwater and through it in my tank and can see that the salt isnt completely dissolved.

In a situation like that do I just bite the bullet and throw the water in or is there a magical way to get the salt to dissolve.

Time and flow. But it's not all going to dissolve. Keep in mind for future incidents, it only takes about 30 minutes for all the salt to dissolve in your bucket. High Nitrates aren't going to kill anything in 30 minutes.

But at least you did the water change to help get them lower just monitor your salinity to see where you end up after a day or so of high flow..

well I have done 25 gallons total in a 75 gallon system. I did 5 last night and then mixed 10 gallons to do this morning. Then I mixed another 10 that I did over lunch so each time except the first five had 4 hrs atleast but I can still see salt? I normally have a powerhead in the bucket and let it go like that for a day or 2 and then do the water change?
I wonder how come all my salt is not dissolving that quickly?

Could be water temperature. Are you heating the water in the bucket? Mixing w/ hot or cold water? Anything different then usual

Back