Now don't freak out...

slumpysix

So many Q&A's on the use of sugar in the tank for nitrate control. Some use some sort of Vitamin C in the tank. This guy I know told me he had used apple juice to target feed some of his corals a few years ago. Not alot but a quick squirt with a turkey baster and had amazing results he claimed. I have an acan that won't eat anything fed to it, it used to. So I decide to try a tiny shot of apple juice. Shut the pumps down and used my feeder tube/syringe and it amazed me to see all the feeders come out from the heads. I turned the pumps back on after 5 minutes. Everything seems fine. This is not something I plan on doing alot but I just wanted to see it in action.

I didn't add alot maybe a tablespoon, but it worked. The xenia picked up on the scent and began thrashing as to grab some for themselves. Anybody ever try apple juice? Opinions?

Interesting....there is sugar in the apple juice maybe that is what the corals were reacting to? I don't think I would put anything forgien like apple juice into my tank though.

Back