nualgi

Nano particles (a millionth of a millimeter) are a difficult concept to get your mind around. We are going to put an illustration on our faq page to get this point across.

Not really when you have science background.

By the way, you've been told before (and your other name banned) that you can't be posting to promote your product here. It is a violation of our [ua], that you agreed to when you signed up...not once, but twice.

Nano particles (a millionth of a millimeter) are a difficult concept to get your mind around. We are going to put an illustration on our faq page to get this point across.

Like Bill, I don't have any such trouble, and you'd be smart to not underestimate your audience in this thread. One of the man programs at the company where I head the science effort is focused on making nanoparticles for drug delivery to the brain. So I am acutely aware of their pros and cons in many applications.

What I do have trouble getting my mind around in this application is the benefit over soluble silicate and trace elements. There may be some, but your faq doesn't address this at all.

I am no scientist, do not work nor represent nualgi in any way, nor was I aware of the benefits of dosing soluble/nano-particulate silicates into the aquarium, prior to researching and using a free trial of nualgi.

That being said, and it only being a week into treating, there are a couple things I can surely state from my experience. First being, that my corals seem to respond to it like they would to feeding in the way that on the second day my corals all acted like they had been well fed, even though I did not feed in the morning. I never get 100% fully expanded and opened polyps on every zoa in my tank, so that seems like a bit of a surprise. Also, my acans will generally beg for food all day, they now only extend feeding tentacles every other day and puffier and healthier than I have seen them.

Another thing I noticed was my water clarity, by the next day after dosing my water was extremely clear, more so than usual.

I did notice some diatoms crop up in spots where I had some hair algae, which is quite strange, but even after a couple days the diatom almost completely subsided and seems that the hair algae is just sloughing off into the water column. I will add that I did not have a nuisance algae problem, this was a small isolated rock, and my goal for nualgi was for coral growth as my tank is fairly clean.

My corals look like they did and almost better as when I was diligently feeding them every chance I had, which got old quick lol.

I was actually not aware of the benefits of dosing silicates and someone mentioned dosing other elements as well, care to elaborate? I am aware of and already dose the elements that my corals take up.

Last edited:
I was actually not aware of the benefits of dosing silicates and someone mentioned dosing other elements as well, care to elaborate? I am aware of and already dose the elements that my corals take up.

I use it as a way to help sponges and diatoms and snails. I've never recommended it as a way to teat algae problems. But since you asked, I have shown (more than a decade ago) that soluble silicate reduces the growth of green algae and grows more diatoms:

Silica in a Reef Tank
http://advancedaquarist.com/issues/jan2003/feature.htm

from it:

(the pics may not post, so check them in the linked article)
Figure 3. A view of the inside of the front glass of my reef tank 5 days after scraping the glass.

image_preview

Figure 6. A view of the inside of the front glass of my reef tank 5 days after scraping the glass and adding the silica supplement.

image_preview

I got it and have been dosing every 3-4 days. It's barely 2 weeks. It works, period.
Even the major hair algae is at least 3/4 gone and water has never been clearer.
I know you guys a skeptical, but it's sure worth a try.

It's long term. But I'll back off when I'm where I want to be and see how it goes. When your wife notices, it means something.

I am also battling cyano and received my sample yesterday I dosed the first time today so we will see what the effects are in a few weeks

I do not have any green hair algae problem in my tank. However, I have been battling cyano since last summer (mainly due to over feeding of fish). I ordered a sample of the product yesterday. I will also report the consequences of its use (good or bad).

I wonder what the long term effects are?

I'm thinking at some point you end up right back where you started.

We were trying to discuss that on our local forum as well. Long term there has to be a way to export diatoms and/or something higher in the food chain at some point or long term you would still have nutrient buildup that is already a miss if your use this product to try to solve existing algae issues.

I can see skimmer being on possible way but freshwater tanks and ATS filtration wouldn't have anyway to export directly. Didn't see anything in the FAQ that mentions a skimmer is required.

So not quite sure I get long term either.

Last edited:
Back