Nyos quantum skimmer wont start!

Hi There....the unit is a 160 and is about 4 months old....works like a charm until recently when it started HESITATING to start...first it was 5 second delay then 10 second delay...yesterday about 30 second delay and today wont start at all! However, I can see the water level inside the skimmer going up and down very slightly as if it is trying to start...
Any ideas? Also recently it has been pulling gunk ANDDDD a ton of foam like crazy ...( water problem I suspect ) would not be because I have the air open too much ?

Any ideas people?
Thanks
Tim

p.s. I have an email off to mfg but wanted to know what the gang thought lol

Mine did that and for the price I paid for that skimmer I was highly disappointed. Other than that being the only issues the skimmer performs well and quiet.

After trying to figure it out for a while I found 2 fixes.

1.a temporary fix is to turn on the skimmer and blow air in on the intake line. It's the small hose sticking out of the silencer on top of the skimmer. I use the small hose the skimmer came with to drain the skimmer cup. I put it over the tube/hose and give it some air.

2. The second more permanent fix is I took the skimmer completely apart and cleaned everything real well with vinegar except the pump. The pump I just cleaned it with warm water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back