o2manyfish 750g Tank, 1500g System "Built" Thread

Saturday we cut all the pieces and built the base of the stand. Because the new tank has such stocky dimensions - 120x48x30 I wanted the stand to try to not accentuate the chubby dimensions. So I built a cantilevered deck which will hopefully make the tank look a little sexier.

750g Build Steel Stand - June 2022 - 10-hd.jpg

750g Build Steel Stand - June 2022 - 14-hd.jpg

750g Build Steel Stand - June 2022 - 15-hd.jpg

Next step is to sand and cover with truck bed liner.

Dave B

I can not even imagine trying to reach something in a tank 30" tall and 48" wide.
Is it viewable from both sides?

I can not even imagine trying to reach something in a tank 30" tall and 48" wide.
Is it viewable from both sides?

The new tank was designed with only 2 braces going across - and they were designed to hold my substantial weight. So I will be able to literally lie across the top of the tank and reach down into it. 30" isn't so bad - the 36" tall 560g I am replacing is impossible.

Hi, I live in Whittier, CA about 18 miles from you. I am thinking of setting up a big tank, is it possible you can give me some advice? PLEASE

So that’s where the term plywood (or whatever term they have applied to that type of wood) fish tank comes from lol

Dave, one of these days you need your own airlift service.

Good luck on the new tank. By the way do you know how big your Majestic Angels and Goldflake Angels usually top out at?

Dave, one of these days you need your own airlift service.

Good luck on the new tank. By the way do you know how big your Majestic Angels and Goldflake Angels usually top out at?
I've raised maybe 6 Goldflake Angels, the last 2 being in the 560g for over a year and they never got more than 7" and were spawning at 6". I have seen wild goldflakes come in at 9-10" Big monstro fish.

The last Navarchus I had for almost 5 years. I got it as a small Juvenile (with adult colors but still juvenile lines) and it spent 4.5 years in the 180g frag tank and got to about 4.5". It was only in the 560g a few months before lost it to a velvet outbreak.

When I had my fish only tanks, many many moons ago I had a 300g with a Navarchus that started out at about 5.5" and got up to 8.5-9" and was so fat and so gorgeously colored. Going back to the late 80's I had one in a 100g that got up to about 8".

Dave B

That’s good to know. So if I start with small captive bred fish of either species hopefully they won’t get too big.

Back