o2manyfish -- When Angels Get Frisky - Goldflakes Getting Their Groove On

o2manyfish

o2manyfish
Hey Folks,

I have always been a fan of Goldflake Angels, and they have been a constant member of my reef tank for 15+ years now. Several years back I stepped it up and started keeping them in pairs.

This pair I got as juveniles in Oct 2016. At the time I bought 4 - all with imperfect spot patterns. I eventually moved a pair inside and left a pair in the frag tank. After the power failure wipe out in July of 2017 I moved the surviving pair into the house. One of them got bigger and went towards the bright yellow coloring and one went to the richer deeper golden.

These 2 have been perfect reef fish and caused no problems or damage.

In Sept of 2018 while watching the webcam late at night I caught them spawning. I emailed around and am not aware of anyone else having had Goldflakes Spawn. Let alone in a crowded tank with 120 other fish watching them.

This evening I was grinding away with the magfloat to try to get rid of some of the coraline. I stirred up a bunch of crap on the bottom. And then when sitting back on the couch, the Goldflakes come out and start getting frisky.

Normally they are pretty independent, but you can see in the video that they are definitely getting ready for lights out tonight.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone shot into a cloudy tank...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ps_2jjE4oM8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very nice and thanks for posting. I love watching my Flames spawn. I am hoping one day to have my Blueface Pair follow suit.

That is amazing. Weren't you breeding some rare angels? Love your YouTube videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back