Ocean Revive T247 Fans Dead. Replacements?

keh9qd

Today I was doing some cleaning on my tank and was dusting the top of my Ocean Revive Lights (T247) and noticed that neither of the fans were kicking on on one of the fixtures. So I pulled it off the system and took it apart finding excessing corrosion on the positive wire on each fan causing them to break. I re-soldered one and got it to work but the board on the other fan was too far gone. With that said I have a couple of questions:

1. I don't know how long these fans were inoperative. I never noticed any change in the light. Could there be any damage I cannot see that would lead me to replace the light instead of fix it?

2. The fans currently on the fixture are 80mmX 15mm (2 wire) 0.07 amp fans. I could not find an exact match online anywhere (2 hours searching) the closest match was the right size but was .17amps. Would there be an issue replacing the .07 amp fans with .17 amp fans?

I think you should be fine. Unless I am mistaken, they'll just run slower than the advertised cfm if the LED fixture only supplies them with 0.07amps instead of 0.17amps. Make sure they are the same voltage (probably 12VDC). Make sure you have them in the correct orientation; I don't know if they are supposed to blow into the fixture or exhaust out of it...

Back