Oceanic 1/6 HP Chiller

Rhodesholar

I don't know how many out here are familiar with this chiller but I was able to pick one up brand new in the box with shipping straps still on it for $200

I am running 800 watts of metal halide and keeps my water within 1 degree of set temp. I run about 75 total gallons and the chiller is rated for 90.

I run at 81-82 and it keeps it right in that sweet spot.

I am really happy with this chiller especially for the price but does anyone have experience with this chiller and if so what is your experience with it?

I am interested to know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok people will tout their equipment for self gratification but this chiller I am happy with.

My ambient temperature in my living was (86)!!!! with my 800 watt halides running and a 83 degree day before I turned my A/C on and the chiller cooled the water down from 82.2 to 81.1 in less then an hour.

I don't know but that seems pretty impressive to me.

My room was 86 degres an in an hour it rose according to my Pinpoint wireless thermometer .5

This is with the ambient temperature of the room 86 degrees and 800 watts of metal halide about 16 inches off the water surface.

Yep, the water lines through the wall & under a cover for sun & rain or in your case snow.
They usually disconnect them in colder climates for the winter to prevent freezing.

Back