Octo NW 150

Critter

Premium Member
Hey guys quick question that I can't seem to find the answer for... I've had my Octopus nw150 for over a year now, and have done a few cleanings here and there.. When I first bought the skimmer it produced alka-seltzer type bubbles which poped and produced alot of wet skimmate.. eventually it settled down and I could adjust from a dry foam to wet ... whater I wanted. After a year now, it now will only produce the alka-seltzer type bubbles again. I'm trying to figure out if its something to do with the skimmer or if my water parameters could be causing this? Does your SG affect it? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
when you say cleanings.. does that include the pump and venturi? if not, running it in a vinegar bath overnight may help..

Since its started not foaming, I think I have cleaned it twice with the same results, and everything gets taken apart and cleaned. I'm going to have to try a few tests, just wondering if anyone else had a similiar situation.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10419118#post10419118 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by porthios
when you say cleanings.. does that include the pump and venturi? if not, running it in a vinegar bath overnight may help..

YEs, salinity will affect your skimate production. low salinity = fewer, larger bubbles. i notice a daily slight difference just from 1 gallon of evaporation in a 50 gal system.

thanks for the info... I had noticed it was down a bit.. will correct and see if that takes care of it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10423853#post10423853 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JCTewks
YEs, salinity will affect your skimate production. low salinity = fewer, larger bubbles. i notice a daily slight difference just from 1 gallon of evaporation in a 50 gal system.

Back