octopus dnw 200 question

jwither1

I just the octopus dnw 200. I am using it external because it want fit under my cabnet. I am getting a small leak from around the top of the pump where the water is feed back into the skimmer. Does anyone know how to fix it or have any suggestions. thanks for any help

Union?

Union?

Mine has a union coming out of the pump. If there is a union, I would suggest that you check to make sure the rubber seal is seated properly and the union isn't cross-threaded.

If it's leaking elsewhere, I would suggest you call your dealer or the manufacturer.

LL

Also recently bought the DNW-200. Made sure to run with tap water first so any leaks would be noted. Ran it stock no teflon tape for extra security yet.

Noticed some areas of leakage. Most of the leaky areas were where the pipe met with a fitting. So I wrapped teflon tape round the pipe then twisted them into the fittings.

I noticed where the water is fed that the barb fitting actually isn't glued and just slipped in. So I also wrapped extra good amount of teflon around the barb before re-inserting into the union.

When I ran it with just tap it held the water pretty good. Unit isn't really water tight when it comes to just slipping fittings together without gluing.

Currently have it hooked up and letting it break in.

I just received my DNW 110 and I have not set it up yet. Any advice before I do that might save me a head ache or two?

i am planning on having the overflow go directly into the skimmer.. does anyone know how many gallons per hour the skimmer can handle coming into it?

Feed rate...

Feed rate...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12974491#post12974491 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nallender
I just received my DNW 110 and I have not set it up yet. Any advice before I do that might save me a head ache or two?

i am planning on having the overflow go directly into the skimmer.. does anyone know how many gallons per hour the skimmer can handle coming into it?

The specs call for feed rate of 1 to 1-1/2 times the volume of your system. So with your 90G tank, you'll want to have 90 to 135 gph feeding the skimmer. If you use your overflow, you may need to put a "T" and valve so you can control flow rate...

I just bought a DNW-150 for my heavily stocked seahorse tank - I am going to use a small pump in my sump to supply the skimmer. That was easier than messing with the tank overflow...

LL

I decided to go with a pump as well.. the rate of flow would have been too much if I went straight from the overflow.

Back