Odyssea lamps

Russell F

Has anyone used the odyssea t5ho lamps off of eBay? If so are they any good or bad color? I thought it about using them over my prop tank build due to cost. Thanks

I have a 72 inch long on my 240 and the fixture itself is fantastic, but the bulbs are just ok. I bought ati bulbs and replaced and they are incredible. I am getting another fixture, as I like a lot of light. Have had it for around 4 months.

You can expect many people to come into this thread and bring up the fire incidents as well as their poor performance and high failure rate due to shoddy workmanship. Most of it is all pertinent information and deserved. You get what you pay for.

That being said I have the combo fixture (MH and T5) and I think for the price they aren't terrible. I will be upgrading to LED soon because they are outrageously expensive to run as are any T5 and MH combo. Not to mention bulb replacement costs.

I took mine apart and inspected all of the wiring. It was actually quite neat and done well enough that I'm not uncomfortable running the lights. I'm always home when they're on and wish I had done a little more research and bought LED from the start. All in all it's not an awful way to start off in the hobby. If you can afford a better light then I would definitely recommend it. This is coming from an Odyssea owner.

The bulbs themselves are junk. Low PAR and the color isn't consistent from bulb to bulb.

Reefgeek is having a big sale right now on ATI bulbs. I'm going to grab a few to stock up.

Back