Oh yeah, it's cold

BdaSquid

Mornin' Reefers.
The water is near 60 degrees, but the 3mil suit still works well, with a hood of course. The recent day's trip landed a blue tang, an ocean surgeon and a sharpnose puffer. The puffer was returned overboard when flash-backs revealed it had near ruined my small carpet anemones in previous tanks. But it looked so colorful!
It's been a month and my test jack fish is still kicking. Yes, it looks lke the marine velvet outbreak has passed! The 3 surgeons will be held in a separate tank for a few more weeks to ensure the 30G is safer.
Hopefully this weekend brings calm seas. We are seeking flame fish and spanish hogfish.

good lord, i went on a dive today and the water was 70 degrees, and i thought it was cold with a 4mil suit and an insulated body suit underneath !

re:Cold

re:Cold

It's around 59F today. Maybe, I am used to this. For years, I used to snorkel in 65F for 1/2 to 1 hour, freeze my jewels and chatter like a rattle snake afterwards. Then I could last over an hour with a neoprene shorty (skin with long sleeves). So, here I am now with my first ever full wet suit with hoodie. This feels warm to me!!! The little fishies are still around now so I need to be out there. Can't wait for Spring!!!

Lucky folks being able to go out and snorkle and dive reefs right where you live. I have visited and dove in Bermuda once. Very beautiful!!! Ready for spring here too. Get out on the lake and start wake boarding and wake surfing.
Regards Terry

Back