Ok - Another Skimmer Reccomendation Thread. : )

2000se

I've a reefer 250 with the original sump that came with the system.
I think I have 9.75 inches x 13.5 inches x 21.5 inches high to work with.

Lightly stocked with fish and coral. Would like super quite, and would like it to run in the sump.

I have no preferences at this point. I just want something good.

I really appreciate this you guys/gals!

Oh - to add to this, I originally had a bubble king mini 180 but (1) it wouldn't fit in the sump and (2) Royal Excl. rep said it wouldn't perform well as it was not sized right for my system. So back to the drawing board.

I've a reefer 250 with the original sump that came with the system.
I think I have 9.75 inches x 13.5 inches x 21.5 inches high to work with.

Lightly stocked with fish and coral. Would like super quite, and would like it to run in the sump.

I have no preferences at this point. I just want something good.

I really appreciate this you guys/gals!

Oh - to add to this, I originally had a bubble king mini 180 but (1) it wouldn't fit in the sump and (2) Royal Excl. rep said it wouldn't perform well as it was not sized right for my system. So back to the drawing board.

LifeReef, checkout the sumps that Jeff builds... Best in the business hands down!!

www.lifereef.com

I picked up a Nyos Quantum 120 for my reefer 250 because it's supposed to be quiet but I don't have my tank up and running yet to validate those claims.

Thanks for contributing! - and to clarify, are you saying get a new sump as well for the lifereef skimmer?

Only if you want to, Jeff an build from nano to as big as you need at a fair price.

But I recommend that you read his writings on the website as he describes a good design for a skimmer and its NOT a cone shape.

I think you are going to hear different opinions on this topic. Since I have been in this hobby, I have only dealt with Aquamaxx and Simplicity. Both are durable, powerful, and quiet, IME.

I actually hope so, and agree. I wanted to see what people are using and like / don't like about the different models.

I think you are going to hear different opinions on this topic. Since I have been in this hobby, I have only dealt with Aquamaxx and Simplicity. Both are durable, powerful, and quiet, IME.

I am going to setup a Reefer 250 and am starting to gather parts. 1 was a Vertex 130 skimmer. BRS has it on sale for $200 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back