ok what kind is it ??

twintrades

Any one have a clue?? And yes i did drive 300miles round trip for it...... :hmm5::beer:
About 2 3/4 inches

DSCF4038.jpg

DSCF4037.jpg

DSCF4036.jpg

DSCF4035.jpg

DSCF4034.jpg

DSCF4039.jpg

Oh, that's for sure a Mantis, however, not gonna try to identify it. Waits for Dr. Roy to chime in.

I hope he does chime in.

My wife called me at work to tell me she tryed to feed it a peice of silverside, And it whacked it !! She wasnt so into having it. But now i really think she likes it.

are the meral's white with a dark ring around it? looks like it in the pic but your the one looking at it everyday lol

Hes kinda shy now ( hadem for 2 days)

But from the pics i took it looks like the meral spot is orange with a larger blue ring around it. ?? Hard to tell.

lol...another one of these? are we not in the mantis section and did he not ask what kind it is??

I think I figured out where these come from. :lol: If you click on "Get New" or "Get Daily" at the top of the reefcentral page all the new threads come up no matter what forum they are in. That's all I can figure...I get a good laugh out of them though. It's funny in the reef discussion or new to the hobby forums that anytime something in someones tank dies or disappears someone chimes in that a mantis shrimp is involved.

Looks like N.wenn to me (and before Dr.Roy corrects me it could also be N.bredini, they look the same).

looks exactly like my N. Wennerae. Mine started out yellow but then changed to red and is now back to yellow again with each molting. Where are you from and where did you go to get it? How much was it?

Back