Okay now I need saltwater... Lol. Can someone give me a hand?

ReefinMadness89

Bills due, check comes up short, and salt is out. So looking for some salt water to help me out. I know some people offered and I only took up on one offer. (Which I need to graciously return containers to!)

Shoot me a call at 623-688-0006. Always paying it forward. Help me get started now and I will be there for you in the future tenfold!. :) :beer:

Thanks everyone! :fish2:

Salt can be used too, my RODI is just slow and I'm trying to get things going tonight.

Just tested my nitrates and they're going south so need the water for holding tanks.

I feel like an utter mooch, but I promise this is the last time I'll post this. Buying two buckets of salt next check. And again I offered to pay per gallon, so name your price!

P.S. Mike I owe you containers!

Last edited:
Yeah there's something going really off on this. News in a bit. I'm trying to get everyone in separate holding tanks. I think there's something leaching into my system that I can't see.

Scraped up a few bucks and bought 50g worth of petco salt, cross your fingers it doesn't melt my tank. :) Thanks for the PM offers. I'd rather not owe anyone anymore right now anyway.

Don't really want to rain on your parade, but maybe you should try a smaller nano tank or get out of the hobby until you are in better financial shape. This is not exactly a hobby for people who don't have some disposable cash.
I'm a financial planner-so I would much rather have you work on your finances and have a nice 8 gallon nano tank. Just something for you to consider.

My apologies for being crazy!

My apologies for being crazy!

Apologies for my craziness, I was a little hyped up from helping jomskie move that tank and goofing around yesterday. I think I needed to take a chill pill.

I'm just the boy who cried wolf here. My test kit has gone bad somehow. A friend used his and everything is fine. Corals are being burned. And calcium is off. Going to RC and buying ALL new recommended test kits. :) Where are my local chemists to point this one out! Nitrates don't do what was going wrong with my tank. :eek: So before I make myself out to have a bad reputation, :) I will fix everything and go to the very top of my game.

--
In addendum,

I don't mean to insult opinions or suggestions but it wasn't so much the money as it was the fact that everything seemed to be wrong at 7pm at night (Despite what I said, I was offering cash for salt/water). But I didn't think of the fact that I could get enough salt at petco ($14), until I can buy two big 55$ buckets that I buy, in a couple days. I help many others when it comes to my paycheck with their financial shortcomings, and it was bad planning on my part here. Especially with getting a new light fixture a week ago. (Aka. The reason my poor specimens suffered.)

So as nice as you're trying to be here, everyone can help keep the community friendly and let each other do what they want with their systems (Short from torturing livestock with improper setting :furious:). I think everyone mumbles it from time to time, there's too many opinions floating around reefcentral FRAG :worried:. Pun intended. And the last thing I want is to get in trouble, arguing over something silly. However, I do appreciate the thought and intelligent suggestions. :beer: Let's grab a beer sometime and talk it out. :eek:

Back to the surface...

To everyone that PMed and helped me in my jam. Name what you want and you got it. :). Sent home a large piece of euphyllia off my colony, with my friend last night who did the tests and analysis.

I'm tellin' y'all it's sabotage!

Nah, it's just a cheapy reef kit (Cheapy ha), that I think was corrupted by heat in transit? I'm not sure what goes in these kits, I need to work on my chemistry buff.

But he tested with his top of the line, and everything except my calcium read normal. I didn't lose anything new and everything is happy now, even the damsels I got from jomskie :) Thanks!

P.S. amazing dalek avatar.

I blame Zombie Jesus for the sabotage!

OT now:
Thanks, can't wait for this weekend, since DW comes back on. I still miss Tennant, though Smith is doing a great job.

Sounds good to me!

OT reply:
Yeah I know what you mean, I haven't even watched anything with Smith yet. Tennant was great. Though I would have loved to see another season of Eccelston too. Haha.

Hey now, I'm an accountant part time. Financially speaking, Getting into the reef keeping hobby on a large scale is more irresponsible than investing in crashing stocks!

But anyway, I'm past that :). I'm a big boy and I found the problem and fixed it with a little help. Thanks again everyone :).

hey Madness, thank you for you offering me the mangroves, I really appreciate it- when would be a good time to come pick em up?? and did that skimmer work for ya? Cheers, sir

Cleaning up the skimmer today, and finding a pump for it, a rio should work right? Anyway.

Let me know when you want to. I work tomorrow but I'm off otherwise. I'll PM you my number.

Back