OMAS Materials

welchalynn

Making a list of what materials OMAS have on hand for MEMBERS to use.

So if you have anything that belongs to OMAS please list what it is.

So that we can let others know it is available for use.

I have the club Shop Vac
Ken Snitz has the the totes and suction cups.
BTW if you like to borrow any items please contact Lee Parrish he is the equipment manager.
Thanks everyone

The Books we have Available for Club Members to check out are

Corals of the world volume 1  by J.E.N. Vernon
Corals of the world volume 2 by J.E.N. Vernon
Corals of the world volume 3 by J.E.N. Vernon
Book of Coral Propagation  by Anthony Calfo
Marine Fishes by Scott W. Michael
Marine Invertebrates   by Ronald Shimek
Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies  by Gregory Skomal
The New Marine Aquarium by Michael S. Paletta
The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner
Corals A quick reference by Julian Sprung
Reef Invertebrates   by Calfo & Fenner
Aquarium Corals   by Eric Borneman
Seahorses, Pipefish, Relatives by Rudie H. Kuiter

hey all, how would we go about getting the club a hanna checker for phosphates? i dont know if anybody else would be interested, but with all the information about phosphates being a limiting factor in coral growth, i think it would be interesting to have a reliable tool to accurately measure phosphates, even in miniscule amounts that standard test kits have a hard time picking up.

Club Materials

Club Materials

Has the club considered getting a loaner cleaner wrasse for members who get an ICH outbreak?

Generally having community fish isn't a good idea for a couple of reasons. It is stressful to catch and relocate on a semi-regular basis. Not to mention using a fish to help cure a disease and then put that fish in someone elses tank. Plus in that situation the new borrower would have to quarantine for a few weeks to make sure the new fish won't bring in a disease. And potentially that's a lot of medicine and added stress. I like the idea of something like this and it would be beneficial to have something like this. I just don't think a fish is right for the job. Just my .02

Hanna Phosphate Meter

Hanna Phosphate Meter

I am a recent member and have a Hanna Phosphate Meter if anyone is needing to use, i am out of regeant packets tho!

I just switched out my LEDs for two 175w Metal Halides. I'm seeing positive response from all my coral, but I would really like to borrow the club par meter to see how my tank is reading out. How can I get it? Also, what is the ideal par reading for SPS and LPS?

Back